took my 10 and dropped it off at the local dodge dealer body shop:(

raymondwebb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn hail did 6800 in damage on the plus side new paint job....they said could be up to a month b4 I get her back

I feel ya bro, CO gets some nasty hail. I got a call from one of my mechanics once saying it was hailing 2 miles up the road and coming my way. I freaking punched and found cover at a gas station. Made it with seconds to spare, $hit came down with fury!

surprised they didn't total her, fockers.

hope it goes quick & smooth fur ya:rock::rock::rock:

That sucks, how do they remove the dents? Is it possible to freeze them somehow and the metal returns to its original shape, or do they just fill them with filler?

That blows bud that your not going to have your truck. I know how it feels, I have only driven mine 5 times in the past 2 years lol.

That sucks, how do they remove the dents? Is it possible to freeze them somehow and the metal returns to its original shape, or do they just fill them with filler?

I'm not exactly sure how they do it but we had a huge hail storm last year in ontario and there was a team of guys that flew in from out your way. Must take some knowledge for that stuff. They poped them all back out for the most part. They did a great job but yea it took a few months for them to get done everyone's vehicles

:burnout:The correct way is replacement of panels damaged. I've replaced countless roofs and bedsides due to hail. Door skins, fenders, hoods. All replaceable.
If you scan a picture of the estimate I can tell you what they plan to replace and what they plan to PDR ( Paintless Dent Removal) AKA Dent DR.
These guys use special tools and work the dent out from the back side. THIS IS NOT A GUARNATEED PERMANANT FIX AS THE METAL HAS ALREADY BEEN MOVED FROM IT'S STAMPED STATE AND MOLECULES IN METAL HAVE LOST THEIR MEMORY. It often works well and can go not noticed, but climate changes of hot and cold can bring the area back although not near as deep.
Panel Replacement is all I would settle for. :burnout:

:burnout:The correct way is replacement of panels damaged. I've replaced countless roofs and bedsides due to hail. Door skins, fenders, hoods. All replaceable.
If you scan a picture of the estimate I can tell you what they plan to replace and what they plan to PDR ( Paintless Dent Removal) AKA Dent DR.
These guys use special tools and work the dent out from the back side. THIS IS NOT A GUARNATEED PERMANANT FIX AS THE METAL HAS ALREADY BEEN MOVED FROM IT'S STAMPED STATE AND MOLECULES IN METAL HAVE LOST THEIR MEMORY. It often works well and can go not noticed, but climate changes of hot and cold can bring the area back although not near as deep.
Panel Replacement is all I would settle for. :burnout:

Agreed , PDR is OK for a dent or ding here , but not for hail with more than 1 ding per sqft . Dodge Ram metal is thin and weak. I love my two Rams , but I think a Red Bull can is stronger . I have done PDR on almost all makes and models and on Rams I tend to over push area of the dent before the dent pops. Who knows , maybe it is just me but I dont have that issue on other makes. I know Dodge was trying to save weight and thankfully that weight in on the main cab / frame structure . It sucks knowing you can dent your truck by opening the door with only your thumb .

I think panel.replacement would push the repair cost so high it may total the vehicle and he dosent want that.

Damn man sorry to hear about the hail damage, hopefully they fix it right for ya!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back