TOP Gear Episode #1

scoobert said:
ok here are my professional thoughts.

if i had never seen top gear uk, it would be ok, but just ok.

1 the hosts. the voice talent is poor. they act goofy.
2 the videotography. VERY VERY POOR!!!
the camera's were all shaky, the picture was grainy, the color was off, the lenses were crap,
and whoever edited it must have been taking drugs.
3 sound. the sound sucked. the soundtrack was off, meaning it was not matching what i was seeing.
4 the test track. who put it together elmo? top gear uk track was designed by lotus, and is flawless, what are they testing on that track how well a car can take bumps? perhaps how well dust looks flying off the back of a car?
5 writers? who wrote the scripts? if you told me it was unscripted i would believe you, except those guys are too dumb to think up there own lines.

perhaps it was monkeys with computers.

overall a major disappointment. compared to top gear uk.

+1....

scoobert said:
they should have hired me, i would have told them it sucked and to do it again before they put it on air.
i see maybe two or three seasons before its canned.

Actually..... I'm betting 5 episodes... that's all History paid for. And, if it doesn't get EXPONENTIALLY better, that's what they will get.

...... I truely believe Tanner is the week link.... He's a racing driver. :dontknow: We all know they can't be on TV. They can't talk. He's not going to work. :( :mad: Why one EARTH did they have a RACING DRIVER as the main host????? Top Gear's (UK) Producer said it... Racing drivers do not work as hosts!

They need someone like Jay Leno... or Adam Corolla... But, they can't keep them, because they (History Channel) knows they would loose their sponsors (Mercedes, etc). :mad:

Top Gear can't work here in the States. It's all Commercial TV.... they rely on SPONSORS to keep the show alive.

scoobert said:
they should have hired me, i would have told them it sucked and to do it again before they put it on air.
i see maybe two or three seasons before its canned.
sure would of got the gay and lesbo community involved;)

i didnt think it was that bad.... although i agree with all the criticism, hammond, may and clarkson are a billion times better ( i've been a die hard top gear UK fan since season 5ish) i would love to have either one of the UK hosts job.... drive cars around the track and go on goofy challenges... thats the life... lol
i was also disappointed with the test track... the teardrop??? thats like the only turn in the U.S. track. i like the hammerhead best out of UK... great corner in the track

505'sFastestViper. said:
sure would of got the gay and lesbo community involved;)

you would know, aren't you the leader of Queer nation?
sorry, its too early in the morning to think up a better come-back.

viperpwred said:
i didnt think it was that bad.... although i agree with all the criticism, hammond, may and clarkson are a billion times better ( i've been a die hard top gear UK fan since season 5ish) i would love to have either one of the UK hosts job.... drive cars around the track and go on goofy challenges... thats the life... lol
i was also disappointed with the test track... the teardrop??? thats like the only turn in the U.S. track. i like the hammerhead best out of UK... great corner in the track

i like gambon(sp) freaking always going on two wheels on that corner.
also like follow thru.

the test track here is not a test track...

does anyone notice that the stig here looks like paul tracy?

after seeing him in battle of the supercars...he's a bit stocky...and some of his f1 driving vid clips i've seen...he's kinda got this..."feel" to his arms....i can't explain it well...but i bet it's him...

could have been great...but if i hadn't seen the brits first...i'd probably like it...

For a show called "Top Gear" with a viper / cobra helicopter challenge, we should all be on cloud nine. I wasn't and actually couldn't watch passed the second commercial, it was that bad to me.

I think the Top Gear BBC is far funnier.......

Tanner Foust is a Big Whine bag........

They should be featuring Roy, Jake and myself.........

An entertaining chemistry between the hosts is important.

I have dibs on the McLaren F1.......

D

Django said:
They should be featuring Roy, Jake and myself.........

An entertaining chemistry between the hosts is important.

I have dibs on the McLaren F1.......

D

They would have to have it on HBO.... we cuss too much. :D Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. HBO doesn't have commercials, so it would actually be better for unbiased reviews. :idea:

TREKER said:
For a show called "Top Gear" with a viper / cobra helicopter challenge, we should all be on cloud nine. I wasn't and actually couldn't watch passed the second commercial, it was that bad to me.

i had too, it was like 2girls1cup, you just wanna know if it can get worse.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back