Totaled my SRT

iraqivet01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday night I blew out the passenger rear tire driving down the turnpike going around 80.
I was just changing lanes when it let loose. Needless to say the truck swung around sideways causing the front end to smash into the concrete wall that separates the direction of travel.
It spun two more times hitting the rear, and then the front drivers side again before it finally came to a stop facing the wrong direction.

Both air bags deployed, my front drivers side bumper was caved in a good 18", the cab moved forward off the mounts on the drivers side around 6" . The passenger side bed sustained damage on the rear molding and bed.
The Frame is now shaped like a ruffles potatoe chip. I was able to start the truck up and move it out of the highway on the shoulder. The drivers seat is messed up now where it no long smooth to fold it forward. The seat belt is stuck in the position and will not retract.

Fortunately no other cars were hit during this roller coaster ride, I came out all in one piece. Just hurt feeling seeing what just happened to my pride and joy I had bought off the show room floor in 2005.

Here's what's left of her.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq171/Iraqivet01_486/SRT 10 wreck/

My insurance company adjuster said it was a total lose, and estimated the damage to well over $18,000. They gave me a pretty decent price for the truck, well over 'Blue book, so I am able to purchase another Black 04 SRT 10 located in Texas with 8,000 miles on the odometer. I was able to get it for less than what I settled for my truck.
Flying down to Dallas Friday to pick it up.

I'm seeing what the buy back on the truck is. If reasonable, I might be sporting a viper drive train in my 68 Dodge Coronet. Already have an RMS suspension for it, be just a matter of refabing the fire wall and transmission hump.

Last edited:
Damn sorry to hear! At least you're ok!

Sucks, but glad your ok.

Your link to your pics isn't right. Just goes to Photobuckets page.

Dude, that sounds terrifying. Glad to hear you are OK. And it's pretty awesome that you are going to buy another '10 with the insurance money.

Sorry for your loss, but glad you faired well. Glad you found a great deal on a almost perfect replacement. Hope it's an enjoyable ride home.

Yep, that worked.
Doesn't look that bad. Would make a good donor vehicle for your project

Sorry for your loss and happy for you gain...

Could I talk you outof the VIN on the totaled one for the Registry?

Jeff

Yep, that worked.
Doesn't look that bad. Would make a good donor vehicle for your project

Body damage is not that bad. I though after I got it off the wrecker, and looked it over the next day, I thought it could be repaired. The adjuster on the other hand pointed out a few spots on the frame that was twisted and pushed back.

I hit that wall really hard. I was suprised that the hood, grill, and head lights wasn't ever cracked, just moved off to the side a bit. The bumper frame horn on the drivers side is smashed to in.
We measured the wheel base and it came out to 120" on each side, so we figured it might not have only diamonded the frame, but it is also twisted. I can put my fist between the cab and the bed on the drivers side.

Glad your ok. Surprised they totaled it at $18K since most of the value is in the engine. I had a similar event with my 05 a couple of years ago and after $25K to the shop I got her back. Smacking retaining walls is no fun at all:(

Good luck to you.

-jeff

no disrespect to your truck Very sorry for the incident.. But if you do buy it back..... I need a wing.. did not get one when i bought my truck..

glad your ok and no one was hurt - sorry to hear about your truck bro...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back