Tow / Haul Mode

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to do a search before I posted with no results. I can't feel any difference, although I ony have 780 miles on it. Has anyone that has been to the track seen any difference with their times with the Tow / Haul mode OFF versus leaving it on? :dontknow:

At 40....it feels great.....from a dead stop....nothing but smoke....speaking of smoke...who love's yeah baby.

Yeah....but only after I did some of the other MODS.....some of which it sounds like your already getting ready to do.

Cool, I was curious, The exhaust and intake will be here Tuesday, I hope to hear back from DC on the Stage II soon, as I would like to get that ordered next week. Still wondering if it is too soon to install the Stage II and let the truck break in more. :dontknow:

Thanks

WAZZSUP said:
At 40....it feels great.....from a dead stop....nothing but smoke....speaking of smoke...who love's yeah baby.

Right back at ya big guy.

Get Bit said:
I tried to do a search before I posted with no results. I can't feel any difference, although I ony have 780 miles on it. Has anyone that has been to the track seen any difference with their times with the Tow / Haul mode OFF versus leaving it on? :dontknow:

The only thing the tow/haul mode does is keep it in gear longer. So you stay in the power band longer. I recommend when racing keep it in tow/haul and start off in 1st gear. If you roll into the throttle the truck might shift too early and then down shift once you are WOT. So keep it in 1st until you are WOT then throw the gear back into Drive. Try it and see what you think.

Smoke

Make sure you know it is in 1st though. I was out at the track, dropped it in 1st and didn't realize it. When it hit that rev limiter, I thought I blew the big bitch up LOL. Didn't really help my times, but I think I still beat Mike on that run hehehehehehe

OCBob said:
Make sure you know it is in 1st though. I was out at the track, dropped it in 1st and didn't realize it. When it hit that rev limiter, I thought I blew the big bitch up LOL. Didn't really help my times, but I think I still beat Mike on that run hehehehehehe

ummm no.......:D

The tow haul keeps the truck FROM SHIFTING into 4th....kills the o/d....always race with it in tow haul....

i bounced off the rev limiter when i raced the other night. i forgot to push the button back in. it hit the limiter around 115 i believe. slow91 was riding with me when i did it.

had_to_have_it said:
i bounced off the rev limiter when i raced the other night. i forgot to push the button back in. it hit the limiter around 115 i believe. slow91 was riding with me when i did it.
Hey Z Man.:D

had_to_have_it said:

you should have enough gear in 3rd for 120+.....you must have been going faster than you thought......:D

had_to_have_it said:
If you hit 115 mph in the 1/4 mile, that would be a killer ET. I don't think you would have to worry about the rev limiter at the track.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back