Towing

Gquinn1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any real towing with there trucks and how did it go. I have an 05 qc and was thinking about buying a 27ft travel trailer. Will these trucks handle it. The weight on the trailer is 4300lbs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gquinn1980 said:
Has anyone done any real towing with there trucks and how did it go. I have an 05 qc and was thinking about buying a 27ft travel trailer. Will these trucks handle it. The weight on the trailer is 4300lbs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
i tow bout 10,000 lbs when i pull my bobcat in my qc,4300lbs should be easy!

I've pulled my F150 on a dual axle hauler a few times, 6000lbs. No problems, but thats when the Lightnings show up.
4300lbs should be no problem.

I pull my boat about 4 days a week in the summer with some steep climbs to the lake. Pulls like a train, sucks gas like a rocket! The boat is about 5000 lbs. loaded.

Hey, I have a 2005 QC and trailer that I pull for work every day, 5 to 6 days a week. Full and right at 7k Lbs. We also have a 26 foot camper at 9k Lbs full and loaded. I pull about 200 miles every time we cross the state. no problem! The only thing I recamend is hooking up a elec. brake box. The QC's are wired for it and some one like U-Haul can do it in about 20 min. Food for thought, if you have U-Haul do it for you and go on a trip and somthing goes wrong with the box or wiring U-Haul is allover the place to get it fixed. They stand by thire work. Hope that helps, if you need mor info PM me or call 954-295-7996 Kevin.

Last edited:
P.S. Just so you know ahead of time. When pulling the camper I get about 5.2 MPG on avg. Note, 'cause I pull every day i'm no snail with that camper tail-gating me. <grin>

Thanks for all the response guys, I bought it this afternoon. So now I am already for summer. I will put some pictures up of my truck and camper when I pick up the camper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back