Toyota Stands behind their cars

Black1 said:
He should have taken his truck in and got it repainted if it's rusting.... they have a 6 year/unlimited mileage rust warranty on trucks. :dontknow: I've had two Tacomas and never had any issues with rust. And, they spent most of their time in mud holes. :eek:

Paint was great, the body looked like new. Frame was shot, this truck needed a new frame not just a little paint.

kennygene said:
Paint was great, the body looked like new. Frame was shot, this truck needed a new frame not just a little paint.
In the time I worked for toyota we replaced two frames under that recall. cost well over $10k for it to be done.

I'm sure that's why they were recalled entirely. It was cheaper than fixing the mistake.

I WILL NOT BUY A TOYTOA PRODUCT....they blow off MAJOR issues, and come up with a assanin fix...floormats do not cause a gas pedal to stick, i dont care who you are...the problem is in the electric throtte control...

Besides, the Prius is soon to be recalled as well because of a problem with the brakes releaseing when going over a bump....

Prius braking story

Smokey said:
I WILL NOT BUY A TOYTOA PRODUCT....they blow off MAJOR issues, and come up with a assanin fix...floormats do not cause a gas pedal to stick, i dont care who you are...the problem is in the electric throtte control...

Besides, the Prius is soon to be recalled as well because of a problem with the brakes releaseing when going over a bump....

Prius braking story

But, they do sponsor the AMA!!!:rock:

GADodgetech said:
From what I understand it all started when a police officer in california ( I think) was killed along with 3 other people when the gas pedal jammed in a camry. Toyota suspected the floor mats to be the cause, but I'm guessing they ditched that idea :dontknow: But if it were me I think I would have enough time to throw the car in neutral.

he was driving a brand new lexus dealer loaner car on the 125 horth here in san diego, the driver was a CHP officer(well trainer in driving). the problem was the car went to full throttle and under the full throttle condition the car will not let you put into nutral. this is in the report and on the 911 call. also it was a remote key car, meaning you have to have the key in your poket and it will start. he also tryied to shut the car off, this also failed. he was standing on the brakes for so long trying to slow down the back of the car was on fire. he crashed at over 100 mph

I bet Toyota will be sponsoring safety from now on. That story is bullshit!!! The car should mot have the ability to control the gear shift.

You guys that are jumping to conclusions are acting like freakin numb nuts! I work for this company and see the quality and craftsman ship that are put into every single one of these cars. We the employees on the assembly line are personally held responsible if we let our quality slip. We are told and trained that if its not up to par for us or our family to buy DO NOT let it leave the process!
As far as the recall goes yeah there have been say 2k cases reported of sticking accelerator petals big number eh? Not when you compare it to the 5 million that have been recalled! 2k is allot of cars don't get me wrong but the plant I work for alone puts that many cars out the door in one day of production!!!
All you guys that say Toyota responded too slowly here is a question for you? Have you ever had a vehicle stall out and die on you maybe once or twice for no reason? How do you fix it? Guess what you can't till you recreate the problem to find out whats causing it to die. and well 2k out of 5 million cars that have an issue it may be hard to recreate? I think that they are doing the best they can to fix the issue.
And for all you retards and the media that like to run Toyota's name down. Go ahead and do it cause you'll be sitting in the unemployment line with me and half the state I live in. What do you think will happen to the stock market if Toyota crashes? suppliers will go under. suppliers that supply the supplier will close. Less taxes will be paid. which means taxes will increase.
just think about this stuff before you go and open your fat mouths. And mark my words even if you don't like or buy Toyota it will affect you.
Good Day!

No one seems to mention the Gm recall I have sitting at home for my 97 Grand prix. Stating that it has a faulty valve cover gasket and that oil can drip from valve cover to the manifold and has been known to catch fire. and not to park your vehicle in the garage because in rare cases it could cause the garage to catch fire!

What about dodges steering damper recall? My brothers 04 2500 had a recall for the steering damper not functioning properly causing "death wobble" the driver to loose control of the steering!

Smokey said:
he was driving a brand new lexus dealer loaner car on the 125 horth here in san diego, the driver was a CHP officer(well trainer in driving). the problem was the car went to full throttle and under the full throttle condition the car will not let you put into nutral. this is in the report and on the 911 call. also it was a remote key car, meaning you have to have the key in your poket and it will start. he also tryied to shut the car off, this also failed. he was standing on the brakes for so long trying to slow down the back of the car was on fire. he crashed at over 100 mph

the car had inadequate brakes. try that in a porsche 911 turbo. 500 horsepower, and 1500 brake horsepower. but toyota wouldn't know anything about that would they. too busy spending just barely enough to make them sell.

BAD-RC said:
No one seems to mention the Gm recall I have sitting at home for my 97 Grand prix. Stating that it has a faulty valve cover gasket and that oil can drip from valve cover to the manifold and has been known to catch fire. and not to park your vehicle in the garage because in rare cases it could cause the garage to catch fire!

i have had a car fire. it take a few min from smoke to fire, and there is no way to miss it. you stop the car get out and run..... actually i over reacted and ran 1/4 mile down the road, but then rounds were poping off i had in the car so i got out of there.

they had to recall many cars, they started using a plastic upper intake plenum that would melt. lots of headaches.

Well you can compare Toyota to GM and issues with the C5 Corvette. My dad had an 03 Z06 that wrecked itself, again drive by wire with active handling that controls the brakes. My brother was driving it helping a teacher move. He was in traffic behind the box truck when all the idiot lights flashed, car instantly locked the front left brake and went to wide open throttle. The car spun in it's own length and jumped a concrete median sideways doing lots of damage. My brother slammed in the clutch after hitting the median and the car sat there bouncing off the rev limiter until he turned it off. This was the car's second major computer failure in the 3 months we owned it. First time it died on the interstate, would run fine with the emergency flashers on in reverse, stick shift. Put in in any forward gear and it would miss and backfire. Turn off the flashers and it would die. Towed it to the Chevy dealer, they had it for a month and said it was a bad fuel pump.

At any rate Chevy pulled the black box. He was wearing his seat belt and was traveling at 30mph before going to 100% brakes and 100% throttle. Chevy claimed he was young and it got away from him and closed the case. Once they close your case you can't get a person on the phone to save your life. Even the cop that responded wrote mechanical failure on the police report. The dark black skid marks were never full width so he did not rev it up and drop the clutch. There was an early skid on the left side of the lane (front tire) then the rear tire marks showed the car coming around when the throttle went wide open.

We had to pay to fix the car and take the loss on selling one that had been wrecked. We didn't want the car obviously. Told the dealer to do what they wanted with it. Don't know what happened to it. After the wreck we scoured the internet looking for similar stories, we found at least 50 as well as stories of the steering column locking up while driving. I personally know one other person who lost control of their C5 Vette for the same reason. He was in his neighborhood, smashed through a ditch and hit a tree. Whenever I see pics of a wrecked C5 Vette I always wonder. Had we been driving the car on the interstate when it happened we could have died and no one would have known why.

Still have never seen a recall from GM relating to any of the above issues, and yes they know about them.

BAD-RC said:
What about dodges steering damper recall? My brothers 04 2500 had a recall for the steering damper not functioning properly causing "death wobble" the driver to loose control of the steering!

that was interesting :D

Once again I think Toyota is setting a new benchmark in trying to rectify issues with their products...no other car manufacturer has come anywhere close to taking the actions that Toyota has taken so far.

I applaud the actions of Toyota, and I think when the full story is told it will put American vehicle manufacturers deep in the shadows. Or, maybe our American manufacturing sector will step up and try to out do the Toyota example...I hope so.

scoobert said:
i have had a car fire. it take a few min from smoke to fire, and there is no way to miss it. you stop the car get out and run..... actually i over reacted and ran 1/4 mile down the road, but then rounds were poping off i had in the car so i got out of there.

they had to recall many cars, they started using a plastic upper intake plenum that would melt. lots of headaches.
Lets see you do that while your in your house and the cars in the garage

Prof said:
Once again I think Toyota is setting a new benchmark in trying to rectify issues with their products...no other car manufacturer has come anywhere close to taking the actions that Toyota has taken so far.

I applaud the actions of Toyota, and I think when the full story is told it will put American vehicle manufacturers deep in the shadows. Or, maybe our American manufacturing sector will step up and try to out do the Toyota example...I hope so.

Yoyota is doing a great thing and a bold move to recall all their modles with a problem.

Prof said:

I wouldn't look at the extra stuff Toyota is doing as 'doing the right thing'. I view it as damage control. It's a good marketing/business plan to put a positive spin on a bad situation.

Prof said:

You are kidding Roy???....worse action I have ever see taken by a car co in handling a recall...my opinion is they are hiding something...I think in the end it is Toyota that will be "deep in the shadows"....or as we say here in America...up the creek w/o a paddle...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back