Tracktion question

GMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am new here and have only had my truck one month. I plan on dragging the truck. Here are my list of mods now. I have a tune by dc,long headers,volant air intake, and magnaflow exhast. I am worried about hooking up,so any suggestion are welcome.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got Caltracs on My Qc :rock: Without them I would probably be buying tires every three months:burnout:

G man you have a few choices
one is to run eagle 058 17x10 rims and drag radials , and yes those are the only rims that will fit over the stock calipers without modification

second is you have to grind the calipers (very big pain and 6 hour job for each) and run the same rim except a 16 inch rim and a Mand H nostalgia slick

third is to contact me get a new axle assembly(you can search on here and find info) which gives you a detroit locker, axles, wilwood brakes and allows the usage of 15 inch rims. Axle is approx $3500 area.

also get a set of caltracs, best bang for the buck, straight from calvert is $340 or so

Also a set of qa1's shocks from Justin works great.

but with no more than you have, for now unhook the front sway bar, caltracs, 17x10's and dr's and you'll get plenty of traction.

needed to edit, the 18's with drag radials work great also, but the eagle 058's has the only 17 rim I know of that will work with the 390x17 tire.

Last edited:
Just a note on the Stinker Axle and Rear End...

Mine has really seated very well. It locks smoothly, rarely locks and unlocks in turns, and have not heard a bang in several weeks. I think they do need a couple of thousand miles of drive-in to get really smooth...no noise to date, I think this will happen much faster if you are running it hard...I of course have brought my blue hair, wobblie driving style to Illinois from Florida so it has taken a couple of months to settle in. I love it!

Picture006.jpg

stick said:
he has a RC,,

Bang for the buck = Caltracs......http://www.calvertracing.com/

J@B
http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_93&osCsid=6c324ab96666e46842c33e4f99551654

Nitto Drag Radials, size 305-45-18, mounted on 18X8 Wheels will fit over our calbers
Anytime you want to take a ride in my truck with the clamps and caltracs , let me know, I will come pick you up and show you the difference . I will also help with the install of the caltracs if you want
good info.......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back