TRACTION BARS

Chris Cal-trac is the only one that actually makes traction bars for the RC basically,

most everyone loves them, they run $339 for a RC plus shipping

Stinker said:
your welcome sir:) I can usually do a couple dollars better, jsut cant advertise it

you just advertised it:D

FastSRT19 said:
How much of a pain in the rear is it to install them?
Not that bad if you drop the leaf springs completely. Front eye bushings are a bitch to get out, other than that pretty straightforward. Plan on 4 hrs. minimum.

FastSRT19 said:
How much of a pain in the rear is it to install them?
a pain if you dont have a press:eek:

the front bushing on the rear springs must be removed and replaced,
now you can do it a couple ways,

one is to press it out

the other burn it out:D

or take it to a shop and let them do it,

other than that, its not too bad

I burned mine out and yes,they are a pain in the butt,But DEFINITELY worth it.I highly recommend them to anyone whether your stock or modded up:rock:

I tried hammering mine out till I remembered that I had a 10 ton press at the shop :argh:

Not a bad install and well worth the time and money. :rock:

Just got my Caltracs from Stinker as well. Burn out the bushings, I used a press and it only worked one 1 of the 4 (I replaced the rear bushing with polyurethane at the same time). Burning them out with a torch was the fastest, easiest and safest way. Just do it outside cause the smoke is pretty bad.

Caltracs all the way.:rock:

Attachments

• HPIM0347.JPG
    HPIM0347.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM0350.JPG
    HPIM0350.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 50
I used a drill and drilled the sh#t out of the rubber till I could hammer em out. Was quite simple really. Might was well get some of stinkers drop blocks when doing the install too. Did it all in my driveway. Takes some time but now the truck always points straight when spinning.....no more drifting to right.

patrick

FATJACK said:
Hey Cowboy, Where you been??? Good to hear from you.:rock:
Thank u sir, been very tied up building my first home, workin 10 to 15 hour days, and sad to say not very happy with my truck:mad: , its been acting funny, when you hammer it makes this funny sound ,like a dam jet plane is under the hood, like the fan is about to blow off, when you left off off it stops as soon as you shift into a higher gear. oil temp rides around 220 in town water temp 215. also my steering seems to grab now and then when its hot. Got any sugestion??:dontknow:

drilled a few holes in mine and set em on fire. easiest way to get the bushings out. just put the aluminum bushing in the freezer while your doing it. makes it go in a little easier.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back