Traction Bars??

ZCx said:
anyone tried the Calvert mono split leaf springs on the Viper truck yet????

Calvert does not make a mono leaf spring for our trucks and has no plans of doing so. I spoke with him at the Las Vegas PSCA Superstreet Nationals 2 weeks ago.

I have heard that one member here has a mono leaf spring on his truck. I don't know where he got it or the manufacturer.

The CalTracs really help the overall handling and launch traction. At Bakersfield I cut several 1.98 60 ft times on stock tires with stock truck.

talked with your buddy in fla jack:) super nice guy:rock:

but a couple companies have rear sway bars for the qc , but I am not a real fan of how you havve to install them, most install backwards and you can run into exhaust shock issues.

but the bushing kit does work pretty darn well, and does actually increase traction

FSTJACK said:
Calvert does not make a mono leaf spring for our trucks and has no plans of doing so. I spoke with him at the Las Vegas PSCA Superstreet Nationals 2 weeks ago.

I have heard that one member here has a mono leaf spring on his truck. I don't know where he got it or the manufacturer.

The CalTracs really help the overall handling and launch traction. At Bakersfield I cut several 1.98 60 ft times on stock tires with stock truck.

thanks FST.

SANTEEN said:
What's involved in installing these on a QC?

same as a RC, but ya have to walk further to the assend????:p :D

is that right????:dontknow: :marchmellow:

Last edited:
ZCx said:
same as a RC, but ya have to walk further to the assend????:p :D
LOLOL :laugh:

I'm still considering some Caltracs, not sure yet but if FSTJACK says they work and increase launch and handling capabilities then that's good enough for me! Mine hooks nicely now so with Caltracs I should see my 0-60mph times drop a little and hopefully get some more corner bite.

:rock:

Carlwalski said:
LOLOL :laugh:

I'm still considering some Caltracs, not sure yet but if FSTJACK says they work and increase launch and handling capabilities then that's good enough for me! Mine hooks nicely now so with Caltracs I should see my 0-60mph times drop a little and hopefully get some more corner bite.

:rock:
not really, the caltracs will help some with the launch, but they help a ton more with actually keeping the truck launching straight, and help with squat and axle twist, you want notice an emmense amount of xtra traction, but a fair amount, but most have noticed a ton of differnce by replacing the rear bushings on the leaf springs such as carl and beau, and jsut for info, I cant get jsut the rear bushings, they want break them up , it comes as a kit

Thanks Tony but that's what I meant, I didn't mention traction. :p Mine (like most I'm guessing) pulls hard to the left? the truck moves slightly clockwise and is VERY noticeable when doing a skid. It'd be cool to be doing a burnout with more help from the truck in the control department. :D Bushings eh, dang you!! I'm broke and still want your coil packs, now you throw more mods out there hahahaha............thanks!! :burnout:

Ps: Check your coil pack thread. I know you've been away so after that, get some sleep lol.

Carlwalski said:
Thanks Tony but that's what I meant, I didn't mention traction. :p Mine (like most I'm guessing) pulls hard to the left? the truck moves slightly clockwise and is VERY noticeable when doing a skid. It'd be cool to be doing a burnout with more help from the truck in the control department. :D Bushings eh, dang you!! I'm broke and still want your coil packs, now you throw more mods out there hahahaha............thanks!! :burnout:

Ps: Check your coil pack thread. I know you've been away so after that, get some sleep lol.
ehhh been doing that all day, seems I picked up a sinus bug:argh: freakin head feels like it is going to explode, been trying to sleep all day off and on, but I would say the bars would help, but like I explained to beau, try the least expensive stuff first, that way if it doesnt work, your not out a ton of dollars.

he wanted to do a hotckis rear sway bar, and I explained to him about the bushings, and for $650 or whatever it was for the new rear sway bar, is it "really" gonna help $650 worth? or would it be worth trying $20 sway bar bushings? he tried the bushings and so far love it, I would gladly get anyone a sway bar, I really will, but i dotn see spending that much money on a sway bar when you arent gonna see that much of a difference over another simple cheaper mod.

but one thing that I do tell everyone, learned it along time ago.
only do "one mod at a time on anything" that way you can tell or feel the change. if you do a ton of stuff at one time, you dont know which part actualy helped now do you?;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
ehhh been doing that all day, seems I picked up a sinus bug:argh: freakin head feels like it is going to explode, been trying to sleep all day off and on, but I would say the bars would help, but like I explained to beau, try the least expensive stuff first, that way if it doesnt work, your not out a ton of dollars.

he wanted to do a hotckis rear sway bar, and I explained to him about the bushings, and for $650 or whatever it was for the new rear sway bar, is it "really" gonna help $650 worth? or would it be worth trying $20 sway bar bushings? he tried the bushings and so far love it, I would gladly get anyone a sway bar, I really will, but i dotn see spending that much money on a sway bar when you arent gonna see that much of a difference over another simple cheaper mod.

but one thing that I do tell everyone, learned it along time ago.
only do "one mod at a time on anything" that way you can tell or feel the change. if you do a ton of stuff at one time, you dont know which part actualy helped now do you?;)
Words of wisdom to which I fully agree. :) I'll look into the sway bar bushings.

Do you have a link or part # to this kit?

Cheers!

SrtBrad said:

Hey thanks, man. You rock:rock: :rock: Exactly what I was hoping to see. Been talkin to Tony too, think I've gotta do the bars and bushings if I'm gonna do away with the Torque control:D It's the only way we could get them off the line straight BITD or the torque would jack the springs and frame and you'd get hop and then snapback, which you will only want to do once:D :D like that guy who rolls his 10 in the vid while doing the burn -kicked his ass:D :D :burnout:

This has been a great thread you guys are awesome as always and special thanks to Tony for the info....hope you are feeling better now!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back