Trade 10sec '87 Buick Turbo T for Viper Truck

10Banger - LOL - :rock:

Stock in 87 you had the fastest US production car - beating even the vette. Low 14's stock, with C/A, chip,exhaust we were low 13s on sticky street tires. Slicks had it 12.8 with only those 3 mods in 1988. I still have the slips from all the trips to Gulfport, MS dragway - 1987-1992 era.

The car is all business - no radio, no heat or A/C, and just perfect as a radical street car. Quiet around town - nice and quiet until you get into it.

Car has not been on dyno - all tuning on road and at track - estimated 500hp on pump gas, 700 on race gas, compared to other GNs with similar times.

Cage is certified to 8.5sec as it's really a mid 9 sec car - ony if I had funds left for the next couple steps.

My Last fully caged Buick T-type Turbo was bought off e-bay for $8500.00 and would run high 10's all day long.........

You do have a clean car but for that price people can have a really bad as Gran National!

I wish I had the cash...that car would be in my garage in a heart beat.:rock:

358ciHD said:
My Last fully caged Buick T-type Turbo was bought off e-bay for $8500.00 and would run high 10's all day long.........

You do have a clean car but for that price people can have a really bad as Gran National!

What he said, unless you're running a T/A block, steel crank, Champion Aluminums, XFI, large ceramic turbo, and a full billet BRF.
Jack Cotton and his son do some great work, I've spent hours on the phone picking his brain, what did they do for you?

Good luck with the sale though.

358ciHD - you know this is not an 8500 dollar car - thanks though. You pont on the GN for this money is totally valid. A local just paid $23k for a Real nice GN. and now he'll proceed to throw a bunch of money at it on top of that.
My pricing for a cash sale would be $22k and that saves someone a BUNCH of money and you have a turnkey 10sec car ready to go play. I lose $20k +++

Keep the trades coming.....

Labontecsi - here is a partial copy/paste from my ad at racingjunk.com - it gives you an idea of where the money went. Cottons did ALL of the work except cage and upholstery. I continue to take it to them and was just there last week getting a pump gas tune. JACK and BRIAN are good friends.

From racing junk:
This was his second car - not a daily driver, but a weekend toy for 19 years and remained 99% stock until he handed it down to me in Spring of 06. I have a nasty habit of not being able to leave anything stock. Once I learned of the work done by nearby Cotton's Performance - a specialty garage working nearly exclusively on turbo Buick's I knew I was in trouble. Cotton's builds the best Buick's in the Northeast and has dedicated customers across the country as well. _________The car was transformed from MILD to WILD over the winter of 2006-2007 . We went to the track for 3 shakedown sessions May-Aug 2007 and attended Fall 2007 Buick event at Cecil County where it made super 16 and the semis. It has not been back to track since. I have the time slips and will post some to this listing. On conservative boost the car runs 10.2 - 10.4 and the one time it was pushed she ran a best of 10.0 at 137 - this was at Cecil with Cottons overseeing the tune. Nothing has ever been damaged and it starts and runs great every time I get the urge to go for a spin. It has never not started and never stranded me. I have put 2000 miles on the car in the 3 seasons I have had it. Around town off boost it drives wonderful and is nice and quiet, but hit the highway or an open road and let it rip like only these Buick's can! On the handful of times out to the local Berlin Turnpike is has annihilated the few cars that wanted to run. The setup is for street/strip with emphasis on SAFETY and keeping things clean and tidy. I had it built like this thinking I could get to the track and run 6-10 times a year. That's just not realistic as I have not been to track since 07 and sold my trailer last year. Keeping this soley as a toy for the street makes no sense - it needs to go racing. With Spring rapidly approaching you would be hard pressed to get a car this well done before the season starts. _______________I have ALL my dads dealer service documents from purchase up until 2006 and have all my modification documents from Cottons, Miller, the Powdercoater and the Upholsterer _______________The short block was replaced at 34k miles by GM - and remains stock. Oil pressure is STRONG when hot and so long as you are fine with mid 10's you can run it as is. This car with built bottom end at would be an easy 9.7 car and a 9.5 car if you change to next size turbo with bigger DP / headers. _______________ $5000.00+ Custom chromoly Roll Cage with extras was done by Miller Racecar's in Wallingford, CT and is certified to 8.5 seconds. Jamie Miller also built the $1000.00 custom aluminum center console - a one of a kind. _______________ My price is set at a reasonable amount for someone who wants to avoid the hassle of waiting for a build - then test and tuning. You would be getting this car for less than half of what it would run you to duplicate it. I'm happy to fax you all invoices from the work I had done - _________U.S. buyers - I will assist with transport and delivery arrangements. ________ Overseas International buyers - I will personally trailer this car to the docks and oversee placement in your arranged shipping container - sending you pictures as required. WHAT FOLLOWS IS THE LIST OF WHAT AND WHO did work:________Miller Race Cars: Full Chrome Moly Cage fuel pump mount seat mounts door X braces kirkey seats Simpson Platinum Harnessesn wired in all switches in console, window net kit NHRA 8.50 certification Custom Aluminum Center Console - one of a kind. Painless Switch Panel in console _____COTTONS PERFORMANCE Note: all work and new parts installed Winter/Spring 07 FRONT: BAER Big Brakes, Tubular control arms QA1 Double Adjustable Coilovers 6" Weld Wheels REAR: Frame notch Rear crossmember for frame notch support 325-50-15s DRs on 10" Welds Wolf sway bar Wolf adjustable uppers/lowers QA1 Adjustable shocks Moser 28 pline axle kit rear end girdle rear firewall spare tire delete FUEL: 83# injectors 10 gal fuel cell aeromotive eliminator fuelpump aeromotive pro series fuel regulator aeromotive pro filter aeromotive pump speed controller black anodized hose fittings black hose DRIVELINE: Turbo 400 with transbrake - 9" N/L torque converter T400 slip yoke assembly pinion yoke 1350 T400 driveshaft Poly Trans Mounts Driveshaft loop SS tranny lines B&M pro stick shifter B&M knob with button for line lock STOPPING: Rebuilt Power Master cottons line lock - all SS brake lines ENGINE: FAST XFI , INNOVATIVE MSBC-1 Boost Controller Turbonetics CPT70-P-BB Turbo Turbonetics Wastegate Cottons Down Pipe Cottons Exhaust Cottons Aluminum Cold Air Cottons Front Mount IC Aluminum Radiator Aluminum Radiator Cover Champion Ported Intake Champion GN1 Aluminum Heads - special order with beehive springs and titanium - Cometic Head Gasket Upgraded Valvetrain Push rod set 1.55 T+D Roller Rocker Kit 212 Roller Cam Kit Champion AC Delete Bracket RJC Polished Pulleys - All Poly Motor Mounts Coil Pack Ignition Module Alternator Water Pump Oil Pump Fuel pressure gauge rail mount Plug Wires 8mm Aluminum Valve covers AC/heat delete plate ______OTHER: Body Bushing Kit Autometer Sport Comp Tach Autometer Oil, H20, Boost gauges Autometer LED shift light Lots of various gaskets and hoses MISC INTERIOR: Powdercoated the kirkey seats black to match covers Powdercoated the center console Powdercoated the door sill plates to match Upolstered rear seat black to match front kirkey seat covers Billet horn ring Custom trimmed black vinyl covers over all roll bar padding Custom carpet in entire trunk including side and rear panels, Custom lightweight interior carpet and power6 floor mats

why won't my replies show up? THIS SUCKS

NOW SUCESS is below - got it.....

Last edited:
GUMBO said:
why won't my replies show up? THIS SUCKS

i can see you !

make sure you are hitting the submit reply not perview

but I have done up three LENGTHY posts detailing all work and none have shown. lot of effort and no result = Ughhhhhh

I have ALL my dads dealer service documents from purchase up until 2006 and have all my modification documents from Cottons, Miller, the Powdercoater and the Upholsterer _______________The short block was replaced at 34k miles by GM -

My price is set at a reasonable amount for someone who wants to avoid the hassle of waiting for a build - then test and tuning. You would be getting this car for less than half of what it would run you to duplicate it. I'm happy to fax you all invoices from the work I had done

MILLER RACE CARS: BEAUTIFUL Full Chrome Moly Cage - NHRA certification to 8.5sec, fuel cell and fuel pump mount, removable seat mounts, door X braces, kirkey seats Simpson Platinum Harnesses, wired in all switches in console, window net kit. Brought it back to Jamie for a one of a kind Custom Aluminum Center Console featuring Painless Switch Panel and flush mounted Boost controller spot, cell phone holder. Those of you with good memory - on first season of the original "PINKS" Jamie Millers shop raced an Orange Nova against a White Texas Camaro. His chassis shop is near my home and they work on 10" Tire 6 sec Outlaw Cars - very impressive stuff I saw there made me go with him for cage.

COTTONS PERFORMANCE Note: all work and new parts installed Winter/Spring 07 - with <2000 miles since

FRONT: BAER Big brakes, Tubular control arms, QA1 Double Adjustable Coilovers, QA1?Springs, 6" Weld Wheels
REAR: Frame notch Rear crossmember for frame notch support 325-50-15s DRs on 10" Welds Wolf sway bar Wolf adjustable uppers/lowers QA1 Adjustable shocks Moser 28 pline axle kit rear end girdle
FUEL: 83# injectors, 10 gal fuel cell, aeromotive eliminator fuelpump, aeromotive pro series fuel regulator, aeromotive pro filter, aeromotive pump speed controller, all black anodized hose fittings black hose
DRIVELINE: Turbo 400 with transbrake, 9" N/L torque converter, T400 slip yoke assembly, pinion yoke 1350, T400 driveshaft, Poly Trans Mounts, Driveshaft loop, SS tranny lines, B&M pro stick shifter, B&M knob with button for line lock
STOPPING: Rebuilt Power Master, cottons line lock, SS brake lines
ENGINE: Champion Intake, Champion GN1 Aluminum Heads with "extras", FAST XFI , INNOVATIVE MSBC-1 Boost Controller, Turbonetics CPT70-P-BB Turbo, Turbonetics Wastegate, Cottons Down Pipe, Cottons Dual Exhaust, Cottons Aluminum Cold Air, Cottons Front Mount IC, Aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Radiator Cover, Cometic Head Gasket, Upgraded Valvetrain Push rod set, 1.55 T+D Roller Rocker Kit, 212 Roller Cam Kit, Champion AC Delete Bracket, RJC Polished Pulleys, All Poly Motor Mounts, Coil Pack, Ignition Module, Alternator, Water Pump, Oil Pump, Fuel pressure gauge now fender mounted, Plug Wires 8mm, Aluminum Valve covers, AC/heat delete plate
OTHER: rear firewall, spare tire delete, Body Bushing Kit, Autometer Sport Comp Tach, Autometer Oil, H20 and Boost gauges, Autometer LED shift light plus Lots of various gaskets and hoses and fancy Billet horn ring

Work by Airborne Coatings: Powdercoated the kirkey seats black, Powdercoated the center console, Powdercoated the door sill plates,

Ray - Upholstered rear seat black to match front kirkey seat covers, made black vinyl covers over all roll bar padding, installed new carpet in entire trunk including side and rear panels, installed lightweight interior carpet

Last edited:
Awesome Buick. I love the G-Bodies. Don't think I'd trade my 10 for one, but I'd love to own both.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back