Trade in

shade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone traded in their SRT10 on something else? (to a dealer)
Are dealers aware of the market value of our trucks vs KBB?
KBB is way high compared to market value so I was curious if dealers picked up on this...

I looked at trading in ona Z06 Vette and was offered only 22k
vette was an 03 and not as well cared for as my truck

shade said:
Has anyone traded in their SRT10 on something else? (to a dealer)
Are dealers aware of the market value of our trucks vs KBB?
KBB is way high compared to market value so I was curious if dealers picked up on this...

Dealerships tend to offer "Black Book Pricing" which is a black bound subscription based journal that is based off of what the vehicle will pull at auction. They typically don't have anything to do with KBB or care what KBB says.

22 - 26 is what most dealerships will offer you on this truck, they will set it on the lot for 29.9 - 35 depending on the mileage.

Selling out right is the only way to get most of your money back on any type of vehicle, car, truck, bike, boat @ least in my experience.

newmexicoviper said:
Selling out right is the only way to get most of your money back on any type of vehicle, car, truck, bike, boat @ least in my experience.
Agreed, but the trade does save on some sales taxes on the new vehicle.

When I traded mine in on my Viper back in February, they initially offered me 22K. We were still just about 5K apart on price though. The dealer made up every penny to make the deal. My truck had 8K miles at the time and was in excellent condition.

I was happy with the deal.:D

The dealer will always price under the auction price to guarantee money on every trade. A car they can sell on the lot would be give more money. Example would be a 2 year old camry traded in on an SUV, you will get a decent deal. If you try to trade in a 2 year old tahoe on a camry you will get jacked, the dealer knows there is no market for the tahoe and the auction will be loaded with them. So the will give you under what would even be a reasonable dealer trade in price. thats the way it works.

Hamrhead said:
Agreed, but the trade does save on some sales taxes on the new vehicle.
FYI,
In most states you can subtract the amount you get from your old vehicle even if you sell it outright. So you still get the break on your sales taxes when you sell it on your own.;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
FYI,
In most states you can subtract the amount you get from your old vehicle even if you sell it outright. So you still get the break on your sales taxes when you sell it on your own.;)

Just don't buy in Indiana:( I bought a motorcycle there last year and had to pay sales tax in both states:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back