Traded in my 08 Dakota

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be sorry to see it go, really liked that little truck as a DD.
V8, 4X4, SLT Extended cab.

But I don't need a 4x4 anymore and I was really getting tired of only having a 2-seater.
Traded it in on a 2013 Grand Cherokee:rock:, Silver with Black leather, RWD only, Hemi, Nav, Factory 20's. Pretty sweet actually. Bought it used with only 4400 miles.

I'll post up some pics when the weather clears up.

Cheers

The new Grand Cherokee's look cool. I wasn't aware they built a 2WD version?

Good choice Ken!! The jeep will be awesome!! I have a grand Cherokee with a hemi for my wife's ride and it is alot of fun to drive!

Yes, Its RWD only, but it does have traction control. In Canada they only sell 4x4's, and probably in most states with winter also, But here in Atlanta it's actually hard to find a 4x4. And I really don't need it, I had not used 4WD on the Dakota at all since I moved here last year.

As much as I would have loved an SRT-8, I needed a daily driver, something that didn't require premium fuel, something I can put the dogs and the girlfriends kids in. I've already added a hitch and built my own "Ottostep" for the dogs.
Dog step - The travel-easy Otto Step prevents injury to your dog entering a van, truck, or SUV!
And ordered a canvas liner for the hatch area.
http://stores.canvasback.com/-strse-252/Jeep-cln-Grand-Cherokee<br>2011-dsh-2013/Detail.bok

Looking at exhaust for it now, Looks like my choices are Borla, Corsa, Dynomax, Flowmaster, and Magnaflow.
Any opinions on the different systems? Kinda leaning toward the Borla.

I can imagine that thing still runs pretty darn good! Congrats and those new Grand Cherokees are great!

Corsa exhaust for sure Ken!

Not sure if the Corsa will fit with my hitch. Stock hitch would have worked no problem but mine is aftermarket. Stock mufflers are straight behind the tips. The Corsa angles the mufflers in and might interfere.
Some comments on other forums also complain that the mufflers are visible from the back with the Corsa.

Here's pics of the Borla, the Corsa and the brackets of my hitch in relation to the stock exhaust.

Attachments

• Borla.jpg
    Borla.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Corsa.jpg
    Corsa.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 17
Awesome! Sound clips are a must! :D

Hows the room in that thing? Just a 5 seater? Nice truck!
Thanks,
Lots of room, (For 5 passengers, no 3rd row). Legroom in the back seat is pretty good, headroom is excellent probably because I don't have the sunroof which would bring the headliner down, and rear seats even recline.
Really like this thing, thought I would miss the Dakota but I don't miss it at all.
And the 5.7 Hemi even gets better mileage than the 4.7 V8 Dakota did.
Must be the MDS and the 6 speed auto.

I'll try to get some sound clips with the new exhaust after the install.

I've owned 2 4.7's, that engine sucks. The only good thing about it was it actually had a better exhaust sound than the 5.7 IMO, but that was about it.

I've owned 2 4.7's, that engine sucks. The only good thing about it was it actually had a better exhaust sound than the 5.7 IMO, but that was about it.

In 2008 they changed that engine quite a bit, new intake and heads really woke it up..
The HP went up to 302. Way better than the 2001 that I had.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back