Traffic rule question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sprite, Jun 11, 2006.

Car Parts
  1. sprite

sprite Full Access Member

I got my drivers license in Norway where there are no right turns on redand the drivers test to get a Florida license was a joke so I got a quick question. If you want to make a right turn on red and there is a "STOP ON RED" sign pointing to the right turn lane but no "NO RIGHT TURN ON RED" sign, does it mean stop and go in which case it would be redundant as you are supposed to stop anyways, but if it doesn't a "NO RIGHT TURN ON RED" sign would make more sense...

--confused Norwegian

2. Django

Django New Member Supporting Member

It's a simple reminder to make a full stop before turning right on a red light.

SD

3. sprite

Ok was just curious cause sometimes I see people waiting there for green, other times they go, figured I better know what's right in case I'm ever at the light with a cop behind me :p

4. Hamrhead

Hamrhead New Member Supporting Member

Turning right on red IS legal, UNLESS there is a sign which specifically says 'No Turn On Red'.

Now go and tell all of the retards that 'learned to drive' (and I use that term very loosely, because most of them suck at it) in this country that they're allowed to do so...

The 'Stop On Red' and 'Wait For Green' signs are generally used when there is a delayed light in either or both directions, or when there are left turn lanes w/ green arrows at intersections. When most 'drivers' (again, loosely. I prefer douchebags) see these signs, they'll sit in the right turn lane until they see green, even when there is no oncoming traffic - because they're dumb.

And while we're at it - Ya know that BIG fat White line that goes across the lanes at intersections? Your vehicle belongs just behind it. NOT on top of it or in front of it. Just Behind It. Especially in a turning lane which has an arrow - this is the place to wait so that you'll get the arrow. ;)

OK, I'm done ranting. Thanks for asking.:D

5. Django

Django New Member Supporting Member

Always glad to help.........

Always stop before turning right on red unless there's a green arrow pointing right...... (usually located at the bottom of the light cluster).

SD

6. sprite

Well stated :) Or the douchebags ricers that pull forward up past the white line onto the crosswalk when you stop next to them on a red light because they want to race their lawnmower cars but need a head start.

7. Hamrhead

Yeah well unfortunately, those douchebag ricers were 'taught to drive',,,,,

by their douchebag parents - who still have no clue WTF they're doing! So how much can we actually expect from the ricers??:dontknow: :confused:

8. sprite

or maybe they just do it so they can get their front wheels onto the painted zebra stripes so its easier to break traction and they think they have a fast car.

9. v8eater

v8eater Full Access Member

:rofl: :rock: I couldn't have said it any better. I'm the retard on the other end of the spectrum. If I don't see cars or peds coming, I'll tear-ass into the right turn often catching a little oversteer and toying with it.:D

10. Wifey

Wifey Artificial Wifey Intelligence Supporting Member

Unless you are in Oregon then they just have to yield before making the turn (If they feel like it) ;)

.... They usually don't feel like it. !!! :D

11. mauiSRT/10

mauiSRT/10 New Member Supporting Member

Kick ass Mike!!! Git sum!! LOL

patrick

12. Hamrhead

Actually, it is this way in the entire country. Just because you can turn right on red doesn't mean you have the right of way. Afterall, you DO have a red light. Obviously those with the green light have right of way.

Now pedestrians. Well, right of way or not, I try never to be one of those as IMHO, you're putting your life in other's hands when you 'think' you have right of way and walk across any street. (Ya ever see those signs that say 'Traffic Must Yield To Peds'? What a bunch of bullsh!t) My .02 - cover your own ass whenever walking anywhere near any vehicles - parking lots, streets, sidewalks, etc. 'Drivers' (there's that term again:rolleyes: ) do NOT pay attention (Cell Phones, TV's, Stereos, and a thousand other distractions in or around a vehicle - which they WILL give in to) and will run your ass over if you give them the chance to prove their 'prowess' behind the wheel.

Ya gotta love those morons who blindly just prance out into the street (or especially a parking lot - I love that sh!t), thinking everyone will see them and simply WILL stop for them. Hell, you teach little kids to look both ways before they enter a street, and these are grown ups that don't bother! F'n retards...[​IMG]

13. Hamrhead

Ooops! In my last post I forgot to mention how much I love my fellow man. Sorry.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  14. QueLocura

QueLocura Full Access Member

You wanna know where riding in everyday traffic becomes an obstacle course??
    MIAMI.
    In everyone's mind here, PHUCK TRAFFIC LAWS. People barely even pay attention to staying in one lane here! The turn signal has become rendered useless by the countless assholes that see you trying to make a SAFE turn and proceed to haul ass to not let you pass. Therefore, everytime I wanna make a turn I have to wait till I'm halfway in their lane and then put my signal on to almost mindphuck the other person into thinking I was being safe. THEN!! Everytime I park even 5 feet from somebody, they manage to DING AND DENT MY DAMN SRT-10! WTFFFF
    .......ok done venting.......