Trailblazer SS

linemup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife wants to go look at an 07 trailblazer ss, just wanted to know if anyone has one or knew much about them? I thought they were awd, but this one is rear wheel drive.:burnout:

I think you can get them both ways. Not a lot of bells and whistles (Remote hatch, backup assist, etc.). Mostly engine. You might also consider the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 if you want more of that stuff and it is AWD. The Chevy is also not up to the Jeeps standard of fit and finish IMO.

Last edited:
I test drove an AWD TBSS and actually was more impressed with the Supercharged Cobalt SS.

SRT8 GC...sorry no experience w/ the SS besides them being slower (dont ask me how I know bwahahah)

I think the SS comes with a Supercharger and you can swap a pulley for a cheap mod.

FlyingLow said:
I think the SS comes with a Supercharger and you can swap a pulley for a cheap mod.
WRONG!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

I've been looking for an srt8 jeep close but no luck! I didn't know how well theystood next to the jeep, and I thought they might be a little cheaper to maintain?

The Trailblazer SS is a nice SUV. I test drove one when they first came out. It's really no "race car" by any means... but, it's nicely appointed inside. The cabin is pretty small, compared to a GC, but, I liked it cozy. :eek: They sound good with the V8 and ride nice. It would be a nice ride for the wife. :) And, the maintenance costs would be less than a Jeep, I would think. A good friend of mine has a Trailblazer (Inline-6 LS model) that he uses for work (insurance salesman)... it's been damn-near bullet proof. :dontknow: :eek:

Last edited:
Linemup , jsut get here a good used Tahoe bro, they have ten times the room, and with all the yunguns you got you need the room:D

but you'll pay about the same, but get more useable power, and the same if not better fuel mileage, with the added binifit that she and your kids will be much safer in a larger vehicle than the SS.
the SS safety ratings and resale are not near what the tahoe is ,and they can be easily found used.

TNVIPER said:
.the SS has more room though....Love to have a Jeep..
I'll second that. Trailblazer is roomier. Looked at the JGC but the stinkin' "B" pillar was against my arm. Would have had to drive leaning toward the center of the vehicle all the time all gangster like. Wish they had put the 6.1 in the Jeep Commander. Now there's another Jeep to look at too. Tons of room and all kinds of bells and whistles and they weren't that popular which means you can find them cheap.

Tony's suggestion has merit too.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
I'll second that. Trailblazer is roomier. Looked at the JGC but the stinkin' "B" pillar was against my arm. Would have had to drive leaning toward the center of the vehicle all the time all gangster like. Wish they had put the 6.1 in the Jeep Commander. Now there's another Jeep to look at too. Tons of room and all kinds of bells and whistles and they weren't that popular which means you can find them cheap.

Tony's suggestion has merit too.

I might stand corrected then... It was bigger than a WJ Grand Cherokee... :dontknow: :eek: I never drove a WK. :eek:

Black1 said:
I might stand corrected then... It was bigger than a WJ Grand Cherokee... :dontknow: :eek: I never drove a WK. :eek:
Different vehicles fit different folks different ways. You can't go by the interior dimensions in Consumer Reports. You have to go try them on.

I'm a little bigger than your average bear and have to put the seat all the way back. The way the upper half of a lot of vehicles sweep inwards these days the "B" pillar gets in the way. That's why I had to go with the Commander, a more boxy vehicle.

I also don't have any luck with the GM suv's. No headroom. I wanted an Escalade in the worst way but it didn't have a No Sunroof option. Oh wells.......

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
Linemup , jsut get here a good used Tahoe bro, they have ten times the room, and with all the yunguns you got you need the room:D

but you'll pay about the same, but get more useable power, and the same if not better fuel mileage, with the added binifit that she and your kids will be much safer in a larger vehicle than the SS.
the SS safety ratings and resale are not near what the tahoe is ,and they can be easily found used.

They may be safer with her driving a bigger suv, but the rest of the world may not!:D I looked at acouple of tahoes but she was afraid it was to big.:dontknow: sissy girls!:marchmellow:

linemup said:
They may be safer with her driving a bigger suv, but the rest of the world may not!:D I looked at acouple of tahoes but she was afraid it was to big.:dontknow: sissy girls!:marchmellow:

My wife is the same way.... I've been beating around the bush at getting her a bigger vehicle for some time now. But, she likes little cars. :dontknow: :rolleyes: About a year ago, when she went up north to visit her folks, I rented her a Tahoe. I didn't tell her what I rented. :p After driving it for a week, she was pretty sure it was too big. :eek: She gave me the third degree for that one. :D

...... Best bet would be to take a weekend and go out (the both of ya) and DRIVE some SUVs. Doesn't matter what color or options.... then let her decide what she likes. After that (hardest part) is done, go find one in the color and options you want. :)

if you plan to save fuel dont get anything with full time AWD. i rented a v6 jeep GC once with AWD and got 13 mpg highway. heck i had a CRV with AWD and it only got 20mpg. tahoes are nice. kinda big, but who am i to say, i have a suburban. expect 16mpg with a tahoe.

scoobert said:
if you plan to save fuel dont get anything with full time AWD. i rented a v6 jeep GC once with AWD and got 13 mpg highway. heck i had a CRV with AWD and it only got 20mpg. tahoes are nice. kinda big, but who am i to say, i have a suburban. expect 16mpg with a tahoe.
that's because the v6 in the gc's are crap....our awd limited v8 gets almost 20 on the highway...and 18's consistently in the city...loaded or not...

as far as the tb vs. gc...fit and finish in the gc's are much better than the chevy's, IMO...and yes, they do offer them in rwd or awd...but i almost traded our limited for an srt gc last year...(glad i didn't b/c of the economy) but it was fantastic, imo...i don't mind the stiff suspension, and my main concern was not giving up the awd....allthough not so much for "offroad" but ski trips, what little bit of white stuff we have here...

i would also say....the gc's are more comfortable, more user friendly, imo...

and they just look better....but what do i know...i've only had 4;)

of note: i really like the commanders...but alisha "don't like drivin around in this big ass box" and she'd be driving it more than i...but the tahoes are "too big"...and the tb's aren't her cup of tea...

I have a 2007 black fully loaded minus Navigation. Overall it's a great vehicle to get groceries and have the ability to tow. The TBSS can tow more then my old Silverado SS.

Well I bought it, the wife loves it, and I like it way more than the 07 camarywe had!!! Went to rest drive a tahoe and she wouldn't even drve it!

A Lil over 2 hrs in it and I still like it. Needs exhaust!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back