tranny issues, need quick advice

nwappleby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
creeping under the truck today, I see

greasy spray on under carriage, its not heavy, but its there...

I traced it to the place where the tranny meets the motor.....there is some sort of fubard looking peice of domed metal there......thats where the transmission fluid leak is.....

what do i do?
dealership?

dealer ---could be the pump seal

That as you called it "fubard" piece of metal is the adapter from the tranny to the motor. As far as your leak it could be anything from power steering pump to the rear main on the motor.

shit they are going to laugh at me when they see all the custom exhaust.....uhhh NO WARRANTY soory

nwappleby said:
shit they are going to laugh at me when they see all the custom exhaust.....uhhh NO WARRANTY soory
Your exhaust mods have nothing to do with fluid leaks. I would take it in for warranty work, and make sure you stand your ground. Good luck.

nwappleby said:

They shouldn't, it should still be covered

That same area was all greasy for me too. They changed my rear main seal.........still leaks. ..............then changed out my oil cooler fittings..........leaked even more...............I gave up and just live with a little oil under there.

But if yours is tranny fluid, thats different. Good luck

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
That same area was all greasy for me too. They changed my rear main seal.........still leaks. ..............then changed out my oil cooler fittings..........leaked even more...............I gave up and just live with a little oil under there.

But if yours is tranny fluid, thats different. Good luck

patrick
You let the dealer cut out you cross member and weld it back in? How much did your rear main seal leak?

nwappleby said:
creeping under the truck today, I see

greasy spray on under carriage, its not heavy, but its there...

I traced it to the place where the tranny meets the motor.....there is some sort of fubard looking peice of domed metal there......thats where the transmission fluid leak is.....

what do i do?
dealership?

Sounds like the rear main. Mine was leaking too (05 QC). Take off the fubard looking piece of domed metal and look inside with a flashlight if needed. Look towards the engine. There is a black rubber seal, if it looks wet then that is what is leaking, rear main. I am going to bet money that is your leak source.

If the fluid is red it is probably power steering fluid. Check the screw top to be sure it is tight. It is located behind the radiator just in front of the driver side of the engine....a plastic top...be sure it is tight...then check the connections, they often leak...the power steering fluid is red.

Also recommend that you speak with the service manager at the dealer...he should say that modification that don't have anything to do with the problem will not void your warranty. There are a few that will be arbitrary but most are reasonable.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back