Tranny problems

spray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my tranny built by PATC and now it will not shift from 1st to 2nd under wide open throttle.They put the GM selinoid, the big daddy drum with new red cluthes. Does anyone know what the problem might be.

Maybe a wrong tq convertor? Maybe you have the diesel one by mistake? Maybe bclark will chime in he had the wrong tq conv and had a problem shifting but don't know the exact issue...

Many times, that's a solenoid issue. How about your TV cable adjustment?

HaroldD said:
Many times, that's a solenoid issue. How about your TV cable adjustment?
Possible TV adjustment too...but he said he's got the solenoid so I would tink that's ruled out, unless it's faulty or old??

Is it a new tranny? Was it recently rebuilt? How many miles on it?
Could just be something wen t bad in the tranny itself causing it not to shift:dontknow:

I called them this morning and told him what it was doing and he thinks the cable needs a little adjusting is all.

Well I went back down there yesterday and they tried to adjust the TV cable and that did not fix it. I will have to take the truck back down there and leave it and he said the tranny will probally have to come back out...

And by no way am I trying to bash PATC, I think they are awesome, was just wondering if there were any secrets or simple fixes to my problem. all gears are shifting fine except for 1st to 2nd at WOT,

I figured the cable may be the fix but more than likely not bc the truck should still shift. Sounds like something is locking up when the 3rd shift is trying to engage. These tranny have a weird way of engaging 3rd, I think it drops down to go back up to 3rd.

BTW spray ur pm box is full!

kickinassrt-10 said:
I figured the cable may be the fix but more than likely not bc the truck should still shift. Sounds like something is locking up when the 3rd shift is trying to engage. These tranny have a weird way of engaging 3rd, I think it drops down to go back up to 3rd.

BTW spray ur pm box is full!

Ok thanks

spray said:
Well I went back down there yesterday and they tried to adjust the TV cable and that did not fix it. I will have to take the truck back down there and leave it and he said the tranny will probally have to come back out...

And by no way am I trying to bash PATC, I think they are awesome, was just wondering if there were any secrets or simple fixes to my problem. all gears are shifting fine except for 1st to 2nd at WOT,

Sounds as if the shift points in the ECm are changed somehow. Mine did this until I got the SCT tune and no longer does this. It even did it on the dyno. I suspected the TV cable as well and still haven't adjusted it and need to. If the ECM doesn't see the correct speed matched to the shift pint it goes ? what to do now? Basically the rasing of the rev limit on my tune fixed it by letting the tranny reach it's pragrammed shift point before rev limit of engine.
I bet if you are on it and it doesn't shift to second that if you lift your foot off the gas a second it'll shift.

VENOMOUS1 said:
Sounds as if the shift points in the ECm are changed somehow. Mine did this until I got the SCT tune and no longer does this. It even did it on the dyno. I suspected the TV cable as well and still haven't adjusted it and need to. If the ECM doesn't see the correct speed matched to the shift pint it goes ? what to do now? Basically the rasing of the rev limit on my tune fixed it by letting the tranny reach it's pragrammed shift point before rev limit of engine.
I bet if you are on it and it doesn't shift to second that if you lift your foot off the gas a second it'll shift.

I would think it could be something like that but it was shifting before I had the tranny work done. I have had my SCT tune...

How far did you go with the adjustment? Did you back it all the way out?

I think the ecm tells the tranny to shift at a certain rpm not speed.

What is your rev limiter set to?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back