Tranny Questions

sgt_bo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, as most people already know I was screwd by the dealer, they voided my warranty and now want to charge me $3000 for a rebuilt transmission.

My questions are

1) What upgrades can i do so my tranny dont go out again... And where can I get the parts?

2) would it be wise to let the dealer rebuild the tranny, or have someone else do it? It is already taken apart

3) Has anyone else had the problems with tranny? Is this a allison transmission? I am trying to get information to prove it was not my fault so they will warranty the transmission. They advertise 500 lbs of tq and 500 horsepower, well the tranny should be able to hold that correct?

Any and all information is helpful.
thanks guys:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

sgt_bo said:
Ok, as most people already know I was screwd by the dealer, they voided my warranty and now want to charge me $3000 for a rebuilt transmission.

My questions are

1) What upgrades can i do so my tranny dont go out again... And where can I get the parts?

2) would it be wise to let the dealer rebuild the tranny, or have someone else do it? It is already taken apart

3) Has anyone else had the problems with tranny? Is this a allison transmission? I am trying to get information to prove it was not my fault so they will warranty the transmission. They advertise 500 lbs of tq and 500 horsepower, well the tranny should be able to hold that correct?

Any and all information is helpful.
thanks guys:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

call Joe at Westminster Transmission....he will answer all....714-898-0089.....

$3k for a stock rebuilt.. sheesh...

For about $4-4500 you can get a decent build like mine... granted it wont have all billet shafts, etc.. but if my build is holding down my mods.. it should do yours quite well..

Here is what I got:

5.0 Apply Lever
2.0 Kevlar #2 Band
Trans-Go Shift Kit
Upgraded Pump
2300 Billet Stall
Hardended Clutch Pack
and a few other items...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details