Tranny Trouble

supay

Reaction score
If someone could give me a few words of wisdom, it would be great! :D
My 05 QC is giving me a few hard times. At about 34000 miles the bands were slipping so I had the local dealer tighten them and solved the issue. For a little while of course. But now at 36400 just granny driving around like it's not a huge playtoy, it's fine. At heavy acceleration it does't want to shift at all. You don't even have to be a WOT. Just heavy acceleration will keep it from shifting. WTF? Before it would slip all the time going into 2nd, even driving slow. Now it doesn't feel like its slipping at all really. It just won't shift. Can someone tell me how to make this thing shift like it's suppose to besides buying a new transmission or having to spend a pile of cash on this one?

I'm not sure if it matters or not but I do have the SCT. Can it be doing something wrong or can it be used to fix it?

You waited to long to adjust the bands, they are probably completely worn out. Time for a rebuild or a new tranny,
the tranny I can help you with, the rebuild , well I cant:D

Try the bands again and replace the selonids. I just did it and had a shift kit put in. Back to awsome shifting my front band was the culprit not shifting outta first. After adjustment great. If the stealership adjusted them they might have left a lil too much play. Atleast try the adjustment 1 more time befor $$$$$

I'm having a shift kit and larger pan installed on mine during the rebuild. Try a shift kit and another adjustment. That would be cheaper compared to a new tranny. But if the tranny is done then the money is wasted.

My tranny is starting to do a funny thing too,If Im in the throttle then let off, its like it goes into a neutral spot for a second or two??? Need to get it adjusted?

Ok

www.htstransmissions.com

Buy a Valve body and a gov solenoid from them................................ These are the same parts that were used to build the diesel race truck on Pinks awhile back.

Dusty is a good man, very helpfull.

Flyinglow, I've been told that the kit only covers up the main problem of the valve body not being machined properly. get a worked vavle body and everything will be perfect, your shift timing will improved, the quickness of the shift and it'll hit harder. 375$

Last edited:
Thanks guys, for the advice! I am going to get the tranny serviced again by a good tranny shop this time. Hope the band-aid gets me another few hundred miles. I really can't see me putting ALOT more power on it than there already is so I may try to add some good components to my tranny. My play funds are about depleted. But I do want to keep the truck and drive it. After that tuckers out, if it does, I'll have to get up with Stinker.

In the DIY section bud, there is detailed instructions for the band adjustment, its not too bad, heck if Fastfood can do it anyone can:D

He is a cook , the only tool he has is a fork:p

need anything you lt me know:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back