TRANNY

EsArTe10

Authentic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:dontknow:My Reverse Gear (6spd RC) keeps slipping out .... WHATS WRONG !!!????

Ok will try to go step by step

first if you have an aftermarket shifter
loosen the mounting bolts, run thru the gears to center the shifter, retighten, try this

now if you have not changed your clutch fluid lately , check it , one make sure its not low, if so fill or better yet if the fluid is dark it needs to be flushed out and replinished

but the most likly thing is the oem shift forks us plastic bumpers for the forks, over time they wear out easily with miles

the best is an upgrade or an tranny rebuild and go with bronze shift pads, it tightens up the shifts and makes the tranny feel better than new

rebuild price runs about $1300 exchange

wow! i recently replaced the clutch , slave and master cylinders Jan.2010 also

Sorry to say but it was OEM !!!!!:( .. i left towm and had someone get it done and this is what happened !

reason I ask is sometimes the centerforce will loose pressure on a couple of its tabs, and that will cause the plate not to fully dissengage, but havent ever saw it with an oem clutch

I would do this, tomorrow check your fluid, see if its nice and clean or maybe at least golden, if dark colored almost black, have it flushed out and clean fluid replaced, and try that, its a cheap quick check

now if that is not the prob which honestly I do not think it will be, its probably the pads on the shift forks, which usually 2nd third and reverse are the most used and will be the ones that wear the quickest, hence it will need to be taken apart, and have bronze pads installed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back