trans gone but.......

jtsdad13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started have some issues with 2nd gear in the qc 2 weeks ago. it started shifting out of 2nd gear into 3rd at wot at like 3500 rpms. it only occured off and on could not consistently reproduce it. then it got worse instead of shifting at 3500 it would just let go like you put it in neutral. which is not ideal to happen unexpectedly with your foot on the floor. i dont think my truck will ever see that many rpms again. dealer couldnt get her in for a week. i waited, limped to the dealership this past tuesday. of course they want to reproduce the symptoms so i rode along. first time 2nd shifted fine. i was like great trucks gonna make me look like an idiot. next time did the early shift and finally 2nd gear let go at 4k. the tech who i trust deeply (has done a ton of work for me and tnviper). he dove into it called me and let me know the extended warranty (which some say isnt worth it) was gonna buy me a new transmission. i will continue to care for this trans as i did the last with band done at 8-10k intervals. so the warranty has paid for itself and im getting a new trans. :)

Glad you are coming out of this w/o spending a bundle....good thing Elvis went to work for them as I would never trust any of their techs....My warranty ends next month and I do not have the extended one so I guess I will continue at Alleys.............rumor has it a Chrysler dealership is going in the old Lincoln place on Stone Drive....hoping Danny will be the service mgr....:)

i have got 38k or 3 years left on the extended. i am just glad i can tell my wife the warranty wasnt a waste of cash.:D now if i could only find a way to convince em to replace the engine.;)

they have had my 10 for a weeek now and still havent finished my trans. i heard through a little bird someone forgot to order the transmission until this am:mad:

jtsdad13 said:
they have had my 10 for a weeek now and still havent finished my trans. i heard through a little bird someone forgot to order the transmission until this am:mad:

You are dealing with a Carl Gregory dealership even though Elvis works there...:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back