trans option?

jtsdad13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would this be a viable option for us QC guys? i had thought about adding a gear vendors unit when i upgrade trans to a stinker trans. how do you think this would fare behind a future roe sc'd motor in place of built 48re? discuss please
http://www.tciauto.com/Products/6x/

Last edited:

TCI has a block provided by Chrysler engineering and are working with TCI on a 6spd HD trans for our trucks right now. I am 1st on the list.HEHEHE:D

Can you imagine that trans with a Gearvendors and about 750 or so RWHP?

.:rock:

All i can say is good luck! with TCI i have had nothing but a bad experience with them over the past year.

did one once.
swap the ecu, get all the parts from a manual truck (5sp with low).
i was thinking of the transmission from the diesel. as its going to be the same hookup to the engine? or is it the same as the viper tranny?

jtsdad13 said:
elaborate please or direct me to the thread. thanks
Trying to make this short this is the third attempt.

I bought a 727 with a 3000 stall T/C from them.
1st T/c 5500 stall (incorrect) sent back for credit

2nd T/c paid 400 so i would not have to wait for credit return they said i did not need the 1000 dollar t/c for my application.
2nd Tc arrives falls apart on test drive. (Pic below)

3rd TC arrives used credit from first T/C all is good for about two weeks trans failure (pic below)

They say they are not sure they will cover it under warranty so if i ship it 250 there around the same back to me if not covered.
I say send me the parts i have 1000+- dollars credit. Wrong 300 credit WTF! Pissed send me the parts you suck!!
Jump to last week sent in Tc and vb for inspection and rebuild trans failed again due to vb failure. So installed new VB ON FRESH REBUILD i have the same problems i was having when the trans failed . Pulled V/B after 5 min of run time not drive time was no real drive time. So i pulled the VB a part no way you can tell me they clean and inspected the V/B (pic below)

Last edited:
James what are you doing to destroy these transmissions................

You need to drive it better and not wreck them every time ;);)

Got mine back today, 3 hours before I got out of town. blah, the shifts are super soft, still weaker then a stock srt. Ali is going to drive it while I'm out of town to break it in. Then when I get home we will see if it's going to last.

fingers crossed.

bigike said:
James what are you doing to destroy these transmissions................

You need to drive it better and not wreck them every time ;);)

Got mine back today, 3 hours before I got out of town. blah, the shifts are super soft, still weaker then a stock srt. Ali is going to drive it while I'm out of town to break it in. Then when I get home we will see if it's going to last.

fingers crossed.
When do you get back? Will go for a drive and see who's trans will fall out first:D

hahahahahhahahahha!

It's a deal .......................... have to pick a time where i can go without my wife. I can't have her staring at them pipes, then asking me why i don't look like you.. LOL

I get back in a month or so.

TCI has a block provided by Chrysler engineering and are working with TCI on a 6spd HD trans for our trucks right now. I am 1st on the list.HEHEHE

Please keep me posted. I'll be second on the list if it pans out. Is there an article or link to TCI's progress?

uh if you want to stay auto why not go Allison? they make them for buses and 1000HP trucks.... adapter plate and a control box.

or

68rfe

With a G.V. you will have to cut another drive shaft too. Posted a couple years ago about it.

Make sure they are authorized to install it, so the warranty is covered.

Bone said:
With a G.V. you will have to cut another drive shaft too. Posted a couple years ago about it.

Make sure they are authorized to install it, so the warranty is covered.
Forgot to mention the GV unit, don't care what trans you got get one. Excellent customer support and warranty nothing but good things to say about them :rock:

The allison is taken out of duramax trucks and 47-48re's are put in for dragstrip use. Why? The allison is a clutch to clutch transmission and has to ramp up one clutch as it ramps another down. It can't shift 5 times in 10 seconds without destroying itself. Funny, they don't put 4l80e's in 6000 pound diesel trucks either, mmm. The 68rfe, 500-600 hp, no more.
Guys, you have one of the best transmissions for your use already in your trucks. Ma mopar gave it to you. She did a sloppy job, but it is already there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back