Trans problem

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm doing some research on my tranny problem and thought i would see what you guys think as well. The problem is I have reverse but no forward gears. About three months ago I took the truck in for some recommended maintenance, had the trans fluid flushed, bands adjusted and new solenoid installed and filter. Dealer noted quite a bit of clutch material in the old fluid. Ran just fine after this service. I don't have many miles on the truck since then and have made a few passes on it in november. I also recently noticed the 1-2-1-2 skip shift when taking off slow from a stop. Then the other day, I drove to work with no problems, but when it was time to go home after work, I was able to back out of my parking space but when I put it in drive, nothing happens. Could this be simply bad solenoid causing this, or have I just beat up the tranny and just need to drop it for a rebuild?

hard to say, would definately drop the pan and take a look to start with.

eddie102870 said:
hard to say, would definately drop the pan and take a look to start with.
:dito: Sounds different than the rest of us. Check it out a little before you drop it out.

PhatPharmacist said:
Hey guys, I'm doing some research on my tranny problem and thought i would see what you guys think as well. The problem is I have reverse but no forward gears. About three months ago I took the truck in for some recommended maintenance, had the trans fluid flushed, bands adjusted and new solenoid installed and filter. Dealer noted quite a bit of clutch material in the old fluid. Ran just fine after this service. I don't have many miles on the truck since then and have made a few passes on it in november. I also recently noticed the 1-2-1-2 skip shift when taking off slow from a stop. Then the other day, I drove to work with no problems, but when it was time to go home after work, I was able to back out of my parking space but when I put it in drive, nothing happens. Could this be simply bad solenoid causing this, or have I just beat up the tranny and just need to drop it for a rebuild?

If you don't mind me asking.......How much was the recommended service?

The auto trannys in these trucks suck, period. You have a Roe on your truck, right? I'd say it's time for a rebuild:(

05QCSRT10 said:
If you don't mind me asking.......How much was the recommended service?

The total bill came to about 350.

Just find it weird that it drove fine in the morning and no go later that day. I'll do a little more research, drop the pan and check it out. If anything I'll drop the trans and take it in to be rebuilt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back