Transmission issue

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i decided today i would change the fluid in the transmission and readjust the bands. I got the rear one done but i didnt bother doing the front one (one on the left side of the tranny) cuz i cant get my wrenches in there.

So i got it all back together, topped it up with Redline ATF4 fluid and let it idle in neutral for abit and checked the level...was perfect. Decided to head out for a drive to get supper, got up to 1700rpm out of my driveway and she started bucking like crazy. She bucked so hard it chirped the tires. So i pulled over, gave it a second to settle down and tried to drive again...same thing. So i turned around and parked the truck. Any ideas? I know its hard to picture what im talking about and if i wasnt scared of blowing the thing up i would go record it.

damnit, nvm i know what i did wrong...stupid me i missed a step. I forgot to back the adjuster screw off. Was rushing so i could get some KFC and watch the hockey game...dont i feel stupid.

Ok so i decided today i would change the fluid in the transmission and readjust the bands. I got the rear one done but i didnt bother doing the front one (one on the left side of the tranny) cuz i cant get my wrenches in there.

So i got it all back together, topped it up with Redline ATF4 fluid and let it idle in neutral for abit and checked the level...was perfect. Decided to head out for a drive to get supper, got up to 1700rpm out of my driveway and she started bucking like crazy. She bucked so hard it chirped the tires. So i pulled over, gave it a second to settle down and tried to drive again...same thing. So i turned around and parked the truck. Any ideas? I know its hard to picture what im talking about and if i wasnt scared of blowing the thing up i would go record it.

loosen the bands back up like t hey should be and your good to go, ;)

yea ill do that tomorrow. I guess i got my wish though...which isnt a good thing. I had to pick my gf up tonight from work. When i finished working on the truck (before i realised the issue) i seen all the oil on the ground and thought "i hope it rains tonight so that washes away and i dont get in shit"

Well then the issue happend and i realised i would have to take the bike to pick my gf up. It started pouring and a few claps of thunder/lightning.

I have learned....... ; NEVER ,EVER !!! work on truck just prior to an important event!!! IT ALWAYS goes to shit!!! i am still humblingly waiting on spider gears!:eek::eek::(

Wasnt even a "good" event...that was the worst game ever and vancouver should be ashamed. Pisses me off that they get paid millions of dollars a year to play like that and i get paid $67,000 a year to get shot at and blown up...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back