Transmission issues

kaperkohn

Reaction score
Any one having trouble with their stock transmission? I have an 05 silver quad-cab. I've had the transmission overhauled already. This was done in June of 08'. Now Sept. 09', I'm having the same issues. The overhaul was performed here in Cola. SC at Dodgeland. I have 38,100 miles on the truck. I take very good care of it, always inthe garage. Driven mostly on the weekends. I do not race my truck at all. Can someone tell me if their having these same issue's. Is there a recall on the transmission? I would greatly appreciate any info. Thankyou, SRT fanatic

You are just one of many that have had issues with the auto tranny in these trucks. They pretty much suck:( What exactly is it doing?

It's slipping and stalling out on first gear. I have to let off the gas a little in order for it to shift into second gear. It did this last year before they so-called overhauled the transmission at the dealership. I really appreciate your response as well. I really, really love this truck. the help is greatly appreciated

hang in there...the guys with autos will help you:rock: you came to the right place!

How often were you getting your bands adjusted? Any mods? Were you checking your tranny fluid often?

I don't have any mods. Just an K&N cold air intake. Magna flow cat back. My tranny fluid looks good. I wouldn't know about the bands since they just overhauled the transmission, just over a year ago.

My tranny fluid looks good. I have K&N cold air intake. Magna flow catback. That's it as of right now. Haven't checked any bands or anything like that since the dealer supposedly over hauled the tranny last year. i have 38,100 miles on her. This will be my third tranny. Any suggestion, any help any advice would be appreciated

kaperkohn said:
It's slipping and stalling out on first gear. I have to let off the gas a little in order for it to shift into second gear. It did this last year before they so-called overhauled the transmission at the dealership. I really appreciate your response as well. I really, really love this truck. the help is greatly appreciated

id call the shop that had it refreshed...what was done in the refresh? dealerships seem to suck at the 48's....i burned mine up 4 times before going built. its really the only way to go.

Man I don't know what the hell. When it was done the first time it was still under full factory warranty. Now I'm 2000 miles over my 36,000. Was tryin not to come outta pocket to much ya know. Was thinkin there's gotta be some kinda recall or sumthin goin on. I mean sumthin don't seem right.

kaperkohn said:
Say what? did u post in the right forum? I need some serious help mane

Your TV cable is your kick down cable, if it is to tight it will shift up to soon, if it is to loose it will shift after the rev limiter hits.

Bands need to be adjusted at least every 15K miles. More if it starts to get hard to shift under WOT. The TV cable should be checked (do a search). While the 48 is not the best tranny usually the failures are related to mods. Did you buy the truck used? I would want to know what was done during the first overhaul.

yup i bought the truck september 07'. it had 13,200 miles on it. The tranny went out June of 08'. As far as i know it didn't have any mods. It was still under full factory warranty when it went out innitially. Now it's actin up again. It was done at the local dealership here in Columbia. It was supposed to be a complete tranny overhaul. Isn't a lil to soon to be goin thru the same exact issue again?

FlyingLow said:
Bands need to be adjusted at least every 15K miles. More if it starts to get hard to shift under WOT. The TV cable should be checked (do a search). While the 48 is not the best tranny usually the failures are related to mods. Did you buy the truck used? I would want to know what was done during the first overhaul.
He's right...the bands need to be adjusted to spec and the if you're noticing sporatic shifts it could be related to your hydraulic pressure which can partly be the fault of your solenoid

I had issues with my transmission after putting the Roe Whipple on. I sent mine to Dustin at HTS transmission up in IL and have beating the hell out of it for over 10K miles now and no issues what so ever, so if you decide to get it rebuilt I would at least give him a call. Good Luck brother.

do a search on the gm solonoid conversion, that will help too. like smoke says adjust the bands at least twice a year. should be a do-it-yourself article on it around here somewhere. its very simple. stinker can help you with the solonoid conversion parts

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back