Transmission problem

arnie_82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting this for a friend.
Truck is a 05 QC. Stock exept for catless exhaust and K&N drop in
I'm having problems with my transmission!!! I think??? At first it would not shift to second till it was at 3 or 4 thousand rpm then a friend of mine messed with the cable on the throttle body and it now does it at 2,500 rpm so it feels a lot better but once I floor it runs strong a little wheel spin but will not shift to second it stays close to red line and feels like it has a rev limiter... can anyone help ?? Thanks I live in south gate that is near Los Angeles, CA

Posting this for a friend.
Truck is a 05 QC. Stock exept for catless exhaust and K&N drop in
I'm having problems with my transmission!!! I think??? At first it would not shift to second till it was at 3 or 4 thousand rpm then a friend of mine messed with the cable on the throttle body and it now does it at 2,500 rpm so it feels a lot better but once I floor it runs strong a little wheel spin but will not shift to second it stays close to red line and feels like it has a rev limiter... can anyone help ?? Thanks I live in south gate that is near Los Angeles, CA

Sounds like forward/low clutches are gone. Rebuild time. At minimum change filter, fluids, and adjust bands along with new solenoids and sensors. :burnout:

Or 6 speed AKA "The Venomous Mod":rock:

I will let him know.
Does anyone know of a good transmission shop around the Los Angeles area.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back