Transmission Problems

LightningMike

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I hoped I don't get bashed for this.... I don't have an SRT-10 but I do have a 2003 Lightning and friend who has an SRT-10 and is having tranny problems. I'm trying to help him out because on Saturday night we were getting off of the interstate and when we got to the red light, the transmission wouldn't come out of gear and the truck wouldn't move. He bought the truck about three weeks ago and the dealer doesn't want to accept any of the responsibility. They replaced the clutch with part# CH 4848708-AF. Is there a common problem with the T-56 "breaking" 5th gear? That's what the dealer is claiming happened even though they haven't even gotten as far as checking the tranny fluid. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Chances of a broken gear in a T-56 are very slim. The first place to look on our trucks is the hydraulic fluid in the clutch master cylinder after that the hydraulics should be replaced with Viper parts.

Ho well do they hold up under harsh driving?? the only mods are, LT's and full exhaust, and K&N intake setup. The wierd thing is, he wasn't even beating on his truck when it happened. I'm sure he's doing research elsewhere right now and hopefully he'll chime in with an update.

-Mike

You could call it harsh driving, Nitrous, slicks, powershifting 53,000 miles no tranny problems yet. Lotsa clutch and hydraulic problems. (my own fault)

I'm here, I'm here now calm down mike. Anyways yes it is me who's having the problems. 61000 miles when I got it and now I have put 1000miles on it. 750 of those miles are highway cruising.

Sounds like the slave to me ....... Did mine 2 years ago, no problems since.

I push about 800HP at the crank thru my T-56...nary a problem in 28K miles.....:burnout: .....like Jack says probably hydrolics/clutch..

The clutch would engage and disengage when stepping on the clutch but could not put trans into neutral. I had to in order to have ten people behind the truck push out of traffics ways, uphill. lol

Broken_Dc2 said:
The clutch would engage and disengage when stepping on the clutch but could not put trans into neutral. I had to in order to have ten people behind the truck push out of traffics ways, uphill. lol

Did you notice that it was only V8 or large displacement guys that stopped to help and all of the ricers just drove by and revved their 1.5L??:rolleyes:

LightningMike said:
Did you notice that it was only V8 or large displacement guys that stopped to help and all of the ricers just drove by and revved their 1.5L??:rolleyes:
Those ricers with their wheel hop on 97hp.

FATJACK said:
Again, its the hydraulics, bleed the clutch master cylinder.
Fatsack may be right. Just make sure the little rubber thingy comes out of the clutch resevior(spell) when you take the cap off.

04rcmoneypit said:
Fatsack may be right. Just make sure the little rubber thingy comes out of the clutch resevior(spell) when you take the cap off.
Be careful calling me names, your truck is closer to me than it is you!!!:D :D

Well I found out the problem with the transmission after I brought it to a third party to check it out. Apparently the guy who owned it before me beat the living shit out of it and does not know how to shift so the gears pretty much melted!

So now that I know I need a new transmission anyone know of a good place to get one with a warranty, aside from the dealer?

Broken_Dc2 said:
Well I found out the problem with the transmission after I brought it to a third party to check it out. Apparently the guy who owned it before me beat the living shit out of it and does not know how to shift so the gears pretty much melted!

So now that I know I need a new transmission anyone know of a good place to get one with a warranty, aside from the dealer?
a warranty lol not any where that i know of....but your cases are still good i would just get it rebuilt! g force is pricey i think my rebuild was like almost 6000 bucks but they do offer a 0 miles 0 months warranty so thats refreshing!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back