Transmission questions

jeff_from_jeffco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my 2005 rc srt-10 with bout 35k on it and my buddy has his 2005 rc yelow fever edition with 27k and both of our trucks do the same thing on this....

Second gear does not like to downshift. like i can go 1-2 normally with ease (getting a little harder now) but it WILL NOT let me downshift like 3-2 no matter the mph im doing. i can be doing 10 mph.

Has anyone else had this issue? i was thinking it was a synchro problem (which it certainly could be) but my friend took his to dodge and they gave him the NPF or No Problem Found. Anyone had this issue and found a simple way to remedy it? i'de really not like to tear into this thing if i can avoid it.

The first thing I would do is bleed the clutch fluid.

The first thing I would do is bleed the clutch fluid.

Would that effect ONLY my 3-2 or well anything to 2 except my 1-2. i mean tis to the point i have to go for first than go back to second to get second gear anymore. i have no problems anywhere else, and neither does he.

Did you try resetting the shifter?
Honestly no i haven't, but thats for the mere fact of i don't think anything has been done to effect it. atleast i would hope not. i wasn't sure if maybe it was a fluid issue i don't know if mines EVEr been changed either. i mean i bought an extended powertrain so i figure if it might be a fluid issue i will find out if i drain it if there is any metal or anything. it was fine when i bought it than within like the last 2-3k miles it has developed this issue. and i have had it for 6k or so?

Yes your trannys both need a rebuild sir. Syncros likely gone as well as shift pads. A good rebuild is around $1500 :rock:

Honestly no i haven't, but thats for the mere fact of i don't think anything has been done to effect it. atleast i would hope not. i wasn't sure if maybe it was a fluid issue i don't know if mines EVEr been changed either. i mean i bought an extended powertrain so i figure if it might be a fluid issue i will find out if i drain it if there is any metal or anything. it was fine when i bought it than within like the last 2-3k miles it has developed this issue. and i have had it for 6k or so?

I need to reset mine every so often, especially if I've been out banging through the gears.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back