Transmission Reverse Help????

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
I am tearing out my tranny cause my clutch has seen better days. While its out I will do a slave cylinder upgrade. Either from JMB or from Tony, looking for suggestions on wich to use. Also the big problem with the tranny is the popping out of reverse constantly and having to force it to stay in. Anyone who knows the cure for this and what needs to be replaced, it will be greatly appreciated. I was told the tranny needed to come out to fix this problem just not sure what needs to be done. Please help. Thanks. Dont know if there is a difference between 04 and 05. This is a 04:dontknow:RC.

Go with Tony's clutch release system, it's a nice piece.

As for your reverse issue, it will be the plastic pads on the shift fork. They will be broken into small bits and in the bottom of the case. You should upgrade all your shift fork pads to the brass versions. You also will most likely need a new reverse gear too.

How's tony's compare to a t56 magnum? Or no one has tried the t56 magnum in an RC.

How's tony's compare to a t56 magnum? Or no one has tried the t56 magnum in an RC.

Anything less than the Viper Truck T56 is getting lesser. Smaller internals and harder steel gears with a different cut to them to support the heavier weight/load the tranny would take. The TR6060 isn't even up to the weight of our trucks.:burnout:

Pads are shiat and the shift forks have a habit of bending if forced too hard into a gear or pushing past the gear.:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back