transmission servicing

atenza_freak

Reaction score
So I went to the dodge dealer ship and asked what do all I need to do for a auto transmission flush since im at like 29680 miles. They said just take off the pan and then replace the 2 filters and make sure I get the right ones then he starting talking about adjusting the 2 bands and I figure. You know what fuck it ill let you guys do it how much? $180 for everything. I told I wanted to hold off to see if I can do somemore research before and I see that jtsvp has that govenor solenoid and the trangoshift kit. Should I get both of these items and have the dealership or somone replace them. Or wait until my transmission starts doing weird stuff in 1st and 2nd. Any help would be nice. I tried to search but never really got a good answer.

I would letter dealer service it and adjust the band. Don't know what two filters and two bands they're talking about, only know of one filter and the intermediate band. Stay away from the Transgo shift kit, upgrade valvebody. Upgrade the solenoid though .

2 bands front and rear and 1 filter. While you are at it get a mag-hytec pan for the tranny besides more fluid in the transmission it adds strength to the case. They have 2 the DD IMO sticks out to much and makes it look 4x4ish.

Auto Trans Filter is 52118789
Auto Trans Pan Gasket 2464324ac
Valve, Governor Pressure Solenoid 04617210

or go the gm solenoid route from PATC #REC

The adjustment is not that hard you can do it and save some $ and put it toward the pan.

Last edited:
Ok what's wrong with the shift kit? Or just not a good mod todo right now.

depending on the miles boss, do the fluid and adjust the bands, if high miles change the solenoid
oh, and nothing wrong with aq shift kit, but if you want a decent valve body the only one I have found that isnt a , er well if ya give me a shout I can let ya know, but a decent valve body you probably dont need if you are more or less stock boss

Ok what's wrong with the shift kit? Or just not a good mod todo right now.[/QUOTE

Heard it wasn't a good mod on these trannies, had it installed in one of mine originally and had nothing but problems shifting after that. Would bounce of the rev limiter and not shift unless I feathered the throttle. Heard you can over tighten the band and mess things up if you don't know what your doing.

I like having the system flushed at the dealer after I adjust the bands myself. It's extremely easy and you'll know it was done right, half these dealerships don't even know that bands are in these trucks...

Hmm So ill wait on the shift kit for now, but you recommend the bigger pan, gasket, filter, and solenoid. I have 30,000 miles. And yes Andy I want do go race again but i think i should make sure my transmission is well serviced since its 6 years old and prob has never been done.

I recommend using the POS tranny as a boat anchor:D;) No, really!@!

Routine flushing and maintenance is key to this POS tranny's survival. I hated that freaking tranny! Solonoid helped, but not a cure all for a tranny designed for 3000RPM:mad: in a diesel. Just was not meant to be behind the Viper engine IMO.

The MAGTEC pan should help keep temps down, some kind of valve body to have crisper shifts for longer clutch life, and quality fluid that is recommended for that tranny.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back