Transmission upgrade

Speed Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Long time, Wanda and I say hiya :) With pneumonia, transmission failure, computer failure, Darwin's Hot Rod (my mechanic) going bankrupt, taxes, and work I been a bit busy, but I'll bring you up to date.

Well, I upgraded to a competition transmission from SunCoast Converters. Competition tranny SRT 10 Converter, Mag 727DD Pan, 4x4 billet output. I'd upload the invoice but it's pdf. They guaranteed this tranny to be bulletproof using aircraft steel in the parts. Welp had it shipped to a guy that went out of business before it arrived so I had it put in by someone else that was recommended. It still seems to be shifting a bit off though so tomm I'm going over there to see what I can find out. I may try putting in the original pcm and reflashing or getting that computer thingy to reflash the one that Roe sent me. Got to thank Bone for being the test case for these guys at SunCoast. Once the financial thing was done, the tranny was on it's way in 3 days. I haven't gotten the core refund yet (2k) so I'm also calling them tomorrow. The tranny seems great although the timing feels a bit off. I'd recommend em for anyone that needs this kind of work.
I hope everyone is doing okay and as soon as I get caught up I plan to be a lot more active here.

Perry (aka Speed Racer) and Wanda (aka Trixie)

undecided

sleeper said:
Who's faster? Speed Racer or Racer X?

:burnout:

From the toons I used to watch as a child, Racer X was the better driver but Speed always won due to the faster truc..er....car. So it's debatable. Seems like I remember him getting in the Mach 5 (my truck's name fyi) and kicking some serious ass. Hope this gives you more information to ponder.
*yup that's Trixie in my avatar (retouched)

Speed Racer aka Perry

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back