Transmission won't last much longer

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tranny is on its last leg. Which I knew would happend once I started driving around with 700 HP going through it. I think I only have 2 options.

1. Have a local shop http://www.trediesel.com/index.htm do the rebuild for me. This shop did Jrgnd build and he recommened them.

2. Have dusty build one. The problem is I don't have anyone to install it or adjust it after the break in period.

Here are my questions for you guys.

Do you see a 3rd option?

What all do I need to get upgraded or changed?

Smoke

Not to take any business from dusty. But diesel guys know these trannys. It only makes sense since your not doing it yourself.

While I can get parts from either Dusty or Stinker, the key is having someone install the parts and tweak it. If Dusty or Stinker was closer then I would just take it to them. Actually I think Stinker is not that far away.

FlyingLow said:
While I can get parts from either Dusty or Stinker, the key is having someone install the parts and tweak it. If Dusty or Stinker was closer then I would just take it to them. Actually I think Stinker is not that far away.

Any competent diesel trans shop should have no problem installing parts...most are just replacement upgrades...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back