transmission

AZ SRT

Reaction score
i have an 06 srt 10 truck and i just had a disk in my transmision break, has anybody else had transmision problems with their truck?

Welcome to the forum. Need more info.

QC or RC, mods? Only "disc" I am aware of in any style trans is the clutch disc. How many miles, how do you drive it?

The clutch and related hydraulics are a well documented weak point on the RC's, and the autos in the QC's don't like to live very long once power adders (superchargers, turbos, nitrous) are added. So yes, the trannies are definately one of the weak points in our drivetrains. Is your warranty going to cover the damage/repairs?

Hey thanks for all the info guys. I'm new at these forum things! I'll introduce myself in detail later. But yes my warranty is covering it, I don't really know much about mechanics, that is why I joined. All I know is the dealership said a broken disc in the trans. and I have a Quad Cab.

Does this site have a guide about these trucks?

AZ SRT,

There are clutches and steel discs in your auto trans. Ask the mechanic to check the actuator (white circular piece of plastic) and make sure there is a spring inside when he pulls it apart. I had this problem with my trans on an 05 QC with 9,200 miles at the time and both the clutch discs and steel plates where burnt. Without the spring no fluid builds up in the trans before it shifts and it slams into gear. Also ask if the dealership has a certified SRT mechaninc. If not then someone who is at least a good transmission man, i.e. knows the 48RE trans in our trucks.

As far as a service manual for the truck you can go to the below web site and download the manual. Scroll down the left side and look for 06 Manual.

www.hemitruckclub.com

not to steal the show or anything but the autos are a 48re? that helps me out too....do you guys know if its outta the diesel?

Yes they the auto tranny is the 48re, and it is from the diesel. Dodge didn't have anything other that the 48re to handle to power. But one of its weakness in the srt is the higher rpm range. The 48re don't like that. That is why a lot of guys have to build up the tranny if they go FI.

yea, ive noticed that, but i have a touqe problem, cause i have the cummins, any recommondations? should i build up, or spare it the trouble and buy a ATS or similar Stage 6 trans? the ATS is garrenteed for unlimited hp and tq... on a side note....do you know what the max ratings are for the 48re?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back