Trouble with installs

SD2005Dustin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D So, I put a few things on my truck. Got them second hand, but no problems with that...:D

Here's what I did.
Throttle Body Spacer
Throttle Body(Stock polished/ported)
Volant CAI (didn't put the hood scoop portion on, just the box tube and filter.
JMB Catch Can

HOWEVER! It runs good in 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd and up its feelin sluggish. So bad that, even a beemer took me at a 3rd gear roll:dontknow: :dontknow: :(

So I found out my TPS is reading .92 volts and it should be at .78?

Any recommendations on how to make all this come together?

I already disconn'd the battery and that unfugger'd it for about 20 mins.

I was only able to connect my main throttle cable. With the spacer, the other cable doesn't reach far enough. I'm modding a bracket to fix this.

That would be the kick down, wouldn't it? :dontknow:

Someone told me it was just for the Cruise... but I assumed it was kickdown, and didn't think that would affect accel.

Goodwood said:
3rd gear roll-on......did you reconnect the tranny kick-down linkage?

RC wouldn't have a kickdown, just cruise control and throttle. Right?

right kick down is for autos only... maybe your sucking too much air and its bogging it down... easily fixed with a venom series TB

Yup, kickdown only on auto's.
No problems before the new to you parts?

SD2005Dustin said:
Yea, but It feels like I'm sucking too much air also...:confused:

I'm still goin to adjust the TPS.

Throw it on the dyno and find out;) I think Todd's gonna work on a dyno day pretty soon.

LoveThisTruck said:
Todd told you what to do with that TPS.

He checked my truck and it was to lean, was idling funny. Adjusted what he could and it hasn't acted up since. I would try adjusting that first,couldn't hurt, and needs to be adjusted anyway.

phxpoolguy said:
He checked my truck and it was to lean, was idling funny. Adjusted what he could and it hasn't acted up since. I would try adjusting that first,couldn't hurt, and needs to be adjusted anyway.

He'll have your truck all squared away soon enough:rock: :D

any vacuum leaks?????

You think maybe your pulling in hot air by not having the volant pulling outside air? Maybe the underhood air is making the IAT sensor pull back timing.

LoveThisTruck said:
He'll have your truck all squared away soon enough:rock: :D[/
QUOTE]

Think I'll stick with nitrous on his build, maybe go with a better setup than what I got. Although it does work well.

phxpoolguy said:
You think maybe your pulling in hot air by not having the volant pulling outside air? Maybe the underhood air is making the IAT sensor pull back timing.

I do need to cap the hole for the ram air intake on the volant box. Don't think that's causing an ounce of my problem though. The air box still uses the hole from the stock intake, pluse theres a hole on the front(behind the pass. head light) for air induction.

If anything, that would affect me more at putting around stop lights... not so much on the freeway.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back