Trouble with the 2-3 shift

QuadFor4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 days ago I took the truck out and had trouble with the 2-3 shift at WOT. There was a 2 second delay between the shift from 2nd to 3rd. During this delay the rpm's fell to about 3000. Once the shift was made The truck took off like a scalded dog. It did not feel like there was any slipping in the trans. Yesterday I went for a drive and at moderate throttle truck doesn't want to shift into 3rd. The rpm's would go to about 4000 before it would shift, or I would have to let off the throttle and re- apply to get it to shift into 3rd.
Trans fluid is burnt. Fluid and filter was changed and bands were adjusted 9000 miles ago. I have had the bands and fluid done at 15000, 30000, and 45000. I have not changed the governor siliniod. Truck has almost 54000 on her now.
I know someone will ask... Automatic Trans.
Thanks for any help!

Need to check stored codes in PCM first. Sounds like it could be an input/output shaft speed sensor or it could be in the solenoid pack. Dang 48re's :(:mad:

Understand light isn't on, but cycle key 3 times off/on and see what the odometer shows code wise.

Cycled the ignition and checked with the SCT... No codes. I am hoping it is just the siliniod. Trans rebuild would really hurt the budget.

Thanks for the ideas, fellas. If anyone else has any thoughts about what this issue may be, please chime in. I would like to think I've got an idea of what the problem is before I take it to a trans shop.

Might TRY to adjust the TV cable on throttle body. This cable goes to tranny and does have some input on wot shifts I believe.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back