truck acting up a little today.

londongregg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my labor day 4 day federal holiday. Thought I carry my littlest one to school, he loves riding in the truck. No problem. Park at school run him in come back out turn key and push start. There is a audible click sound then truck loses all power. After a few minutes I decide to disconnect baterry and reconnect. Truck has power again. I try to start and same thing happens again. I do this process a few more times and truck starts like nothing ever happened. Been a few different places today after that and no problem. Pick daughter up from school and it starts(not starting) again. Finally starts like nothing ever happened. Now I am at the orthodontist with daughter and I already know it is not going to start because I tried already. No power at all on the inside of truck. Battery is strong it is only a couple months old. Any ideas? I have made any changes before this started happening. Truck has no problem turning over when starting.

I not good at diagnosing problems, but have no problem going at it myself when I have an idea.

Sounds like a battery connection.

Ditto, almost has to be the battery connection as the power in cab is off. If the connection problem was at the starter then you would still have other power except when pushing the start button. New battery----bad connection.

Don't know if it is related but I just went out to start. After getting it started, idle drops to around 300, then finally shutting off. It has always ran strong.

Iffen it is the battery connection then that would play havoc on the computer.

This is my labor day 4 day federal holiday. Thought I carry my littlest one to school, he loves riding in the truck. No problem. Park at school run him in come back out turn key and push start. There is a audible click sound then truck loses all power. After a few minutes I decide to disconnect baterry and reconnect. Truck has power again. I try to start and same thing happens again. I do this process a few more times and truck starts like nothing ever happened. Been a few different places today after that and no problem. Pick daughter up from school and it starts(not starting) again. Finally starts like nothing ever happened. Now I am at the orthodontist with daughter and I already know it is not going to start because I tried already. No power at all on the inside of truck. Battery is strong it is only a couple months old. Any ideas? I have made any changes before this started happening. Truck has no problem turning over when starting.

I not good at diagnosing problems, but have no problem going at it myself when I have an idea.

Something else to check. Open the hood and on the passenger side near the bottom of the hood strut, there's a bunch of little black ground wires under a bolt on the fender lip. If it's loose or badly corroded you will see all sorts of bizarro action exactly like you describe.

--CC

I had to put it up in the garage until next play day(probably this coming weekend) Lots ofchildren and not lots of time! I will check everything you all suggested. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back