Truck dieing at idle

gatorowned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started about a week ago. Took it in for an oil change and when I picked it up...I noticed that when I came to a stoplight or any stop at all...the idle speed drops to 500 (instead of the normal 750) then quickly drops to 250 and then dies. If I stay on the throttle a little...it's fine. And while I am driving...it is totally fine. But if I let off the throttle for even a second...it dies. I got home...pulled the battery cables and held together to reset PCM...and drove it around...and truck seemed to be back to normal. No issues. Until this morning....it started doing it again. Any ideas? I tried doing a thread search...but no luck. :confused:

Idle air control valve, might wanna take it out and clean it really good. Takes 10 minutes

I replaced it with a oem one ($70) from Dodge 2 months ago. Decided to go with aftermarket this time... so I just ordered one from Autozone ($23)....how weird is that. Cleaned IAC with a some seafoam... goo to go!!!!! No issues. Thanks guys:burnout:

Started about a week ago. Took it in for an oil change and when I picked it up...I noticed that when I came to a stoplight or any stop at all...the idle speed drops to 500 (instead of the normal 750) then quickly drops to 250 and then dies. If I stay on the throttle a little...it's fine. And while I am driving...it is totally fine. But if I let off the throttle for even a second...it dies. I got home...pulled the battery cables and held together to reset PCM...and drove it around...and truck seemed to be back to normal. No issues. Until this morning....it started doing it again. Any ideas? I tried doing a thread search...but no luck. :confused:

My truck was doing the same thing and I put in a new IAC valve and also two new upstream 02's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back