Truck failed emissions

MacksSrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As title indicates. They are telling me it is running too rich...I was not too surprised but given I now only have intake and exhaust(yes I have the belanger mids with the cats still in place). I'm thinking purchase the sct from ROE and that should take care of the issue...If not could get a tune written to temporarily use to get it to pass..... anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Not sure what other options I have? Thanks,

how could it fail with OEM mids? i know they come from the factory rich,BUT!
a tune does lean it out,so that would be the route to go,would run a lttle stronger too!

Your mods should have not changed your A/F...strange......if you have the OEM cats your dealer may correct the emission problem under warranty..:dontknow: ......otherwise a tune from Roe would lean it out some..

No not oem mids. I have the belanger headers with their mids that have the single high flow cats thinking that would pass emissions. I'm assuming that is my problem combined with the stock rich mixture(I'm at altitude also so my understanding is that makes me even richer...no pun intended).

I agree hopefully will lean it out a little and the performance boost will be an added bonus.

As a side note. I'm here in Denver and the highest octane(outside race fuel) is 91. I'm thinking given the altitude I should still be able to get away with the 93 tune(I'm purchasing via ROE). Thoughts on that?

Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:
See your dealer before you spend any money, truck will pass on stock tune, will not pass on aftermarket tune.

MacksSrt said:
No not oem mids. I have the belanger headers with their mids that have the single high flow cats thinking that would pass emissions. I'm assuming that is my problem combined with the stock rich mixture(I'm at altitude also so my understanding is that makes me even richer...no pun intended).

I agree hopefully will lean it out a little and the performance boost will be an added bonus.

As a side note. I'm here in Denver and the highest octane(outside race fuel) is 91. I'm thinking given the altitude I should still be able to get away with the 93 tune(I'm purchasing via ROE). Thoughts on that?

Thanks for feedback.
hey i was just up there last weekend dropped my truck off at a chassis shop

If you changed the cats the dealer won't be able to help you. Just get a new tune and you should be good to go.

FlyingLow said:
If you changed the cats the dealer won't be able to help you. Just get a new tune and you should be good to go.

I agree. I'm out of warranty period anyway. Have ordered a ROE sct. I'll enjoy the extra performance :D

Last edited:
Some states just hook you up to the computer and they determine if you pass or fail off what the computer says. I am not sure if Stinker or Justin can get an OBDII blocker but I know I have heard of people in here using them

MacksSrt said:
I agree. I'm out of warranty period anyway. Have ordered a ROE sct. I'll enjoy the extra performance :D

what did Sean say????

will a tune for your altitude help????

can Sean do an "emissions tune" for those of us that "need" one

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back