Truck is gone

ianmaiden

Reaction score
Red QC with bed cover was stolen from Phenix City, AL are while my wife was down there visiting friends. Especially sucks now that I have to go down and pick her up.

Wish me luck with the insurance since we've tried to explain to them since we bought it that it wasn't a Ram 1500 but an SRT10.

Maybe we'll be lucky and they won't find it. I had a '91 Mustang GT that was stolen and recovered and it was never the same after I got it back.

I will update on insurance struggles if any.

ill keeep and eye out for it, thats 40 miles from here. probably over in columbus in the hood over there.

Sorry Man........

That sucks. Fckin low life bastards need to get a life and a job! That pisses me off more than anything in the world!

Sorry to hear and I hope you get her back unscathed. Damn crooks, I hope they are caught too.

This is NOT good. I often felt the insurance companies are in on this as a way to obtain a Viper engine cheap for their other clients with coupes.. Either way this situation blows. I must ask.. Did your wife activate the alarm or kill switch :dontknow: if any?

I'm back from hell. The truck is now at the dealer in Columbus awaiting repairs.

Somebody please restore my faith in humanity. Best I can tell most people are assholes and most cops are useless.

The shitheads who stole the truck took it no more than 2 blocks from the house and did burnouts and doughnuts in the parking lot of an abandoned hospital. When they pulled out of the hospital onto the road they lost control and spun it into a curb. This broke the rear axle on the driver's side and the truck dropped down onto the wheel out in the road which is where the cops found it. They ran the tag and found it wasn't reported stolen so the assumed it was abandoned. When my wife called to report it stolen they informed her they already had it but they couldn't run fingerprints because they impounded it as abandoned and the interior had been compromised. I guess it's okay because I don't really like all that powdery shit on the interior.

Anyway, insurance has been contacted and hopefully everything gets taken care of soon. Thanks for putting up with my bitching and moaning. Hopefully the next report will be good news.

Ian

Let us know, sorry man

Jeff

Would have been better if the stupid SOB's had burned it. You are right though I would not want fingerprint dust all over the interior either.

Ian, I would be interested in how they started it...did they just break the ignition...?

Prof said:
Ian, I would be interested in how they started it...did they just break the ignition...?
I was under the impression that it would run for a few seconds, And then shut down.:dontknow:

ianmaiden said:
I'm back from hell. The truck is now at the dealer in Columbus awaiting repairs.

This broke the rear axle on the driver's side and the truck dropped down onto the wheel out in the road which is where the cops found it. Ian

Tell the Ins Co that you want one of Stinkers Rear End Assy. That would actually be an Upgrade and fix the prob at the same time... :)

Prof said:

I'm not sure exactly what they did. There are gouges around the key switch and the bottom cover on the steering column is pulled off.

They also smashed the face of the radio and went through all the junk my wife keeps in the glove box and the center console.

Sorry to hear this Ian, just got home and saw your thread. This sux. I wish you all the best and Bethany has her fingers crossed. Please update.
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back