truck not getting gas?

Heart Attack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck is barely staying alive. When the issue was first starting was when it would sputter at around 2k rpm. Now everytime i touch the gas it feels like it wants to die. I took it to the shop a month ago and they fixed it. The shop stated that they had to replace some kind of fuel line connected to the fuel pump, now the issue just started again and the shop wont answer the phone so i can get full details on what they did to fix it. I will post a video so you can get a visual.

When it does this try opening and closing the gas cap. Your Evap system could be inop

The supercharger is the problem. Pull it off and send it too me and I'll work out the kinks for you. :D

Seriously though, what is your a/f ratio at idle? if you hold the throttle open, does the truck rev up any higher than what was shown in the video?

no does not rev higher than that, the longer i hold the gas down the more it wants to die. also when i rev the little that i have the af meter says 16, which is the max

Check engine codes? Try to unplug battery positive and hold it to bat negative for a few minutes and reconnect to reboot PCM learning. Check TPS, clean IAC valve. Your O2s could be shot, could be crank sensor/cam sensor. PCM should pick up the prob but they don't always seem to. Rent a fuel pressure tester from parts store and ensure fuel pressure.

I agree on the fuel pressure tester. There is a port on the passenger side fuel rail to plug the gauge too.

yeah im gonna have to find the fuel pressure tester. prob gonna disconnect the batteries later tonight and see whats up

if its got fuel to start & idle, i bet fuel pressure is ok.

have had TPS's do the same thing

IMVHO of course:D

My truck, with a paxton, has started doing the same thing every once in awhile but it only lasts a minute or 2 and then goes back to normal and only happens when I first start it. Fuel pressure is normal when it does this. MAP sensor is new as well as my IAC valve. I'm interested in what you find the problem to be.

today i disconnected the battery, checked my tps and maf sensors. still a no-go. truck wont even stay on when i start it today

You checked your MAF? we dont have a Mass Air Flow. Map sensor maybe? How did you check the TPS and MAP... what were your voltage readings?

Go try a 12$ crank position sensor. They seem to be a common item with the TPS which is also relatively cheap. Did you cycle the key and check the stored engine codes yet?:dontknow:

no codes show up, it cycles thru and says "Done"

Likely the Crank Position Sensor as they don't seem to throw a code when they go out. It's a simple magnet that when hits the trigger points in the crank it sends signal to injectors and will not run correctly if out. :D

Likely the Crank Position Sensor as they don't seem to throw a code when they go out. It's a simple magnet that when hits the trigger points in the crank it sends signal to injectors and will not run correctly if out. :D

If the crank and cam position sensors are out of sync the computer won't know what to do!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back