Truck not running right

04SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've literally had it up the ****ING HERE with this piece of **** truck. Ever since I have owned it its been needing work or doing things it isn't supposed too. Ive already replaced the PS lines, clutch and flywheel, my clutch hydraulics failed, tps.

NOW!!! NOW!!!!!

I got some mid to high rpm sputtering and its causing me to loose power and mpg. It specially likes to do it when the A\C is on. I cannot overtake anyone on the highway without hearing it. It only does it when its moving. I can rev it up in neutral and sounds fine. The sound seems like its coming from the passenger side. I can hear it clear as day.

Ok things I have replaced with no luck!

Spark plugs. All ten. Champions RC12ECC?
New Wires
New Coils
New TPS (THIRD ****ING ONE)
LEAK DOWN TEST its holding fine within 5% range

Im very pissed off. Im sick of throwing money at this thing for repairs! I havent made a single god damn mod to it besides a K&N Filter because I have been spending all my money repairing it.

http://youtu.be/aePhSetgxIE
VIDEO 1 YOU CAN HEAR IT CLEAR AT 0:01 SECONDS
http://youtu.be/gCYXHMDwiM0
VIDEO 2 YOU CAN HEAR IT CLEAT AT 0:03 SECONDS

Seriously what could it be im gonna put this thing up for sale im nearly at my end with this thing! Gonna get me a damn corvette if this thing keeps it up

Last edited:
All our trucks need PS lines. Yours needed a clutch and flywheel because someone drove it like a Viper truck for 60k miles. If you buy a Corevtte thats been driven like a Vette for that long and it will need some work too.

Also, I started to be a smart aleck and tell you how you can't complain about a problem that happens at high rpm causing poor fuel economy. But, I can tell how genuinely frustrated you are so I won't :D

It sounds like an ignition wire is arching. You need to get it into a competent shop. All you have done so far is hang parts on it, trying to fix the problem. While I understand this approach, and probably would have done the same things myself, you would be money ahead just to have the problem properly diagnosed and corrected.

Sorry man!! but i was rolling on the floor laughing !!! the truck is definitely character building!! lol I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary with the truck. get a tuner with a good tune. these trucks are really lean under 3500 rpm and really rich over 4000 by the factory!! maybe that is what you are feeling.

I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary with the truck. get a tuner with a good tune. these trucks are really lean under 3500 rpm and really rich over 4000 by the factory!! maybe that is what you are feeling.

I can hear what he is talking about. It took me a couple times watching the video, but there is definitely something there.

this was posted along time ago!

Here's the original post:
"I know alot of you guys on here love your tucks more than anything but someone has to feel the way I do. This has to be the absolute worst vehicle in history. First off, It has lost over $15,000 in value from what I paid for it not even a year ago. I have spent $240 in oil changes..... and thats only 2 oil changes!!. This thing rides like ****, even worse since I boomered it. It gets 8 mpg when I drive like a grandma, 5 if I drive like a normal 21 year old. Its really not that fast, especially compared to my old ZO6 or especially my twin turbo supra. Cant tow anything, cant haul anything heavy. Absolutely no driving in the snow, hell it practicly gets stuck in the rain! About the only cool thing I have done with it is haul my 62" tv home from best buy.. and I had to take the fricken wing off to do that! I have learned from my mistakes and not to be so compulsive when it comes to buying ****, especially pointless non practical vehicles that sound cool because they have a "viper" engine...
-Future Non-Owner of an SRT-10"

I remember we enjoyed poking fun at this guy (GasHog) and his "tuck" - 495 posts in that thread.

BTW - I love my tuck!

I tried to find the thread but I am not very patient!

Wait, the OP is the original tuck guy? That changes everything! Brb, I need to go make a new post.

Last edited:
Well I've literally had it up the ****ING HERE with this piece of **** truck. Ever since I have owned it its been needing work or doing things it isn't supposed too. Ive already replaced the PS lines, clutch and flywheel, my clutch hydraulics failed, tps.

NOW!!! NOW!!!!!

I got some mid to high rpm sputtering and its causing me to loose power and mpg. It specially likes to do it when the A\C is on. I cannot overtake anyone on the highway without hearing it. It only does it when its moving. I can rev it up in neutral and sounds fine. The sound seems like its coming from the passenger side. I can hear it clear as day.

Ok things I have replaced with no luck!

Spark plugs. All ten. Champions RC12ECC?
New Wires
New Coils
New TPS (THIRD ****ING ONE)
LEAK DOWN TEST its holding fine within 5% range

Im very pissed off. Im sick of throwing money at this thing for repairs! I havent made a single god damn mod to it besides a K&N Filter because I have been spending all my money repairing it.

piece of **** truck sputtering - YouTube
VIDEO 1 YOU CAN HEAR IT CLEAR AT 0:01 SECONDS
pieceof****truck - YouTube
VIDEO 2 YOU CAN HEAR IT CLEAT AT 0:03 SECONDS

Seriously what could it be im gonna put this thing up for sale im nearly at my end with this thing! Gonna get me a damn corvette if this thing keeps it up

Bro, my truck was doing exactly the same thing! I ended up draining the oil and filling the crankcase with a mix of 50% dish soap and 50% bearing grease. The noise went away completely! Bet I tripled my horsepower too cause before the thing was a dog and now it's a freaking BEAST!!

Hope this helps and please keep us posted on your results!

Its blue it moisturizes your hands while you wash

That won't work. Blue wont do it at all. See if you can find orange. If that doesn't work, purple is ok too. Don't ever use blue and only use green if you can't find anything else. These rules apply to the grease too.

Hahahaha anyways. I'm gonna go get pwned by a 100 dollar an hour shop tomorrow to find out what it is. You guya have been very helpful ;)

Hahahaha anyways. I'm gonna go get pwned by a 100 dollar an hour shop tomorrow to find out what it is. You guya have been very helpful ;)

Glad we could help. Make sure you tell them about the soap and grease solution, although they'll probably try that first anyways.

Seriously though, let us know what they find.

Or better yet, make sure you take it to the same dealer who is working on Stone MD's truck. I heard they take real good care of '10's and their owners.

Yeah seriously. I just painted my truck and had the wheels redone in black. I would have raised hell there. Maybe made them give me a corvette. :p

Bro I know you are sick of spending money on her and I went through a similar phase. My truck was bucking and spitting and acting an arse! I tried a few things and found my Crankshaft Sensor was bad and giving false signals at times which in turn had my injectors firing all kinds of Fu*ked up! I changed both Cam and Crank sensor since they kinda work in unison. Think they were $50 together and easy to replace. I know you don't wanna "throw" money at her anymore, but I'd put money on this being your issue. Mine never even thru a code either. NOr did it when I had TPS issues like you went thru.

Now this one may sound too simple, ok. Batteries have several cells inside them and often times through the changes in climate (summer/fall) a cell can sh*t the bed on you. Now, I have personally driven mine and other cars with bad batteries that still start the truck and let you drive and never leave you stranded for a year at times!!!! The truck will run and for the most part pretty decent, but you are not getting full PCM power nor full spark, nor accurate injector pulsing due to the small voltage /amperage drop due to the dead cell. Most battery checkers won't catch this as they load test it and it often passes the cheap lil gizmo checkers they have at auto parts stores. If your truck doesn't fire like RIGHT UP FAST, but more of a couple second start, then replace that battery. If you dunno how old that battery is, replace that biatch!! So spend another $150 and be happy with your truck once again.
By the way I also OWN a Vette and my Quad Cab SRT10 kicks my Vette in the balls!
vetteblackedout.JPG

vetteblackedout1.JPG

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back