Truck not running right

Bro I know you are sick of spending money on her and I went through a similar phase. My truck was bucking and spitting and acting an arse! I tried a few things and found my Crankshaft Sensor was bad and giving false signals at times which in turn had my injectors firing all kinds of Fu*ked up! I changed both Cam and Crank sensor since they kinda work in unison. Think they were $50 together and easy to replace. I know you don't wanna "throw" money at her anymore, but I'd put money on this being your issue. Mine never even thru a code either. NOr did it when I had TPS issues like you went thru.

Now this one may sound too simple, ok. Batteries have several cells inside them and often times through the changes in climate (summer/fall) a cell can sh*t the bed on you. Now, I have personally driven mine and other cars with bad batteries that still start the truck and let you drive and never leave you stranded for a year at times!!!! The truck will run and for the most part pretty decent, but you are not getting full PCM power nor full spark, nor accurate injector pulsing due to the small voltage /amperage drop due to the dead cell. Most battery checkers won't catch this as they load test it and it often passes the cheap lil gizmo checkers they have at auto parts stores. If your truck doesn't fire like RIGHT UP FAST, but more of a couple second start, then replace that battery. If you dunno how old that battery is, replace that biatch!! So spend another $150 and be happy with your truck once again.
By the way I also OWN a Vette and my Quad Cab SRT10 kicks my Vette in the balls!
View attachment 49044

View attachment 49045

Ok ordered a new Camshaft Position Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor. Hopefully its the last thing I have to do to get her to run good. I called the STEALership today. They want 115 p\hr just to look at it. Wish I made 115 an hour! Thats rape. No lube. Elephant doing it with a mouse RAPE. Anyways... parts will be here Saturday or Monday. Ill let you guys know.

Nice looking Corvette by the way! Any mods? I still might pick one up even if I keep the DAWDGE haha

Ok ordered a new Camshaft Position Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor. Hopefully its the last thing I have to do to get her to run good. I called the STEALership today. They want 115 p\hr just to look at it. Wish I made 115 an hour! Thats rape. No lube. Elephant doing it with a mouse RAPE. Anyways... parts will be here Saturday or Monday. Ill let you guys know.

Nice looking Corvette by the way! Any mods? I still might pick one up even if I keep the DAWDGE haha

Yup, you'll spend less on parts than the dealer will charge to diagnose the problems. Even if you add a new battery to the mix if you are unsure of the age!

The Vette is a stock LS1 that I tuned, added CAI, Exhaust minus headers, Mod Red interior, Custom Wheels I had widened to 13" to accomodate the WideBody rear quarters I added. 335/25-20 rear tires off the new ZR1 Vette, as well as suspension from the new ZR1/ZO6 Vette. Kenne Belle Blower hood and blacking out round off the package. High performance clutch and Hurst shifter take care of the gear changes. ZO6 Brake Ducts were added as well as partition divider and seats and floormats. (ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THE CORRECT MOD RED, NOT TO IMITATE A ZO6)
Think that's about it! It's been dubbed the BATMOBILE by young and old alike :D

What kind of dish soap do you recommend? I have about 5 quarts of dawn in my kitchen.

Make sure it is the NON-IONIC only ... otherwise you will lose power and score the crap out of your cylinder walls !

Here's the original post:
"I know alot of you guys on here love your tucks more than anything but someone has to feel the way I do. This has to be the absolute worst vehicle in history. First off, It has lost over $15,000 in value from what I paid for it not even a year ago. I have spent $240 in oil changes..... and thats only 2 oil changes!!. This thing rides like ****, even worse since I boomered it. It gets 8 mpg when I drive like a grandma, 5 if I drive like a normal 21 year old. Its really not that fast, especially compared to my old ZO6 or especially my twin turbo supra. Cant tow anything, cant haul anything heavy. Absolutely no driving in the snow, hell it practicly gets stuck in the rain! About the only cool thing I have done with it is haul my 62" tv home from best buy.. and I had to take the fricken wing off to do that! I have learned from my mistakes and not to be so compulsive when it comes to buying ****, especially pointless non practical vehicles that sound cool because they have a "viper" engine...
-Future Non-Owner of an SRT-10

I remember we enjoyed poking fun at this guy (GasHog) and his "tuck" - 495 posts in that thread.

BTW - I love my tuck!

I tried to find the thread but I am not very patient!

One of the most EPIC threads on the VTCOA hahahaha :D

$115 is reasonable mate, that's what I bill my guys out at and we are considering to increase the shop rate soon. Funny thing is that people don't understand what the overhead costs are to a successful shop. At the end of the day they are lucky to make $10/hr profit off a $115/hr rate.

You need to look up Scoobert and see if he has started his $40/hr shop yet and see how good the techs are working there! Shat, I have techs who have wages higher than that per hour.

Received the sensors today. Going to start with the crank sensor and try it out. I hear its tricky installing the camshaft position sensor? Anyone have any tips?

Hope this helps you..

Apply a small amount of engine oil to the sensor o-ring.
A low (step down) and high (step up) area are machined into the camshaft drive gear. The sensor is positioned in the timing gear cover so that a small air gap exists between the face of sensor and the high machined area of cam gear.

Before the sensor is installed, the cam gear may have to be rotated. This is to allow the high machined area (step up) on the gear to be directly in front of the sensor mounting hole opening on the timing gear cover.

Do not install sensor with gear positioned at low area. When the engine is started, the sensor will be broken.

Using a 1/2 in. wide metal ruler, measure the distance from the cam gear to the face of the sensor mounting hole opening on the timing gear cover.
If the dimension is approximately 1–15/32 inches or less, it is OK to install sensor.
If the dimension is approximately 1–5/8 inches or more, the cam gear will have to be rotated.
Attach a socket to the vibration damper mounting bolt and rotate engine until the 1–15/32 inch dimension is attained.
Install the sensor into the timing case/cover with a slight rocking action. Do not twist the sensor into position as damage to the o-ring may result. Push the sensor all the way into the cover until the rib material on the sensor contacts the camshaft gear.
Install the mounting bolt and tighten to 10.7 N·m (95 in. lbs.) torque.
Connect sensor wiring harness to engine harness.
When the engine is started, the rib material will be sheared off the face of sensor. This will automatically set sensor air gap.

I know i would NEVER make a video of my truck and call it "peice of **** truck" maybe you hurt its feelings. you gotta be nice to her and she'll be nice to you.... for the most part

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back