Truck of Tomorrow

Now, does the cost of producing it all outweigh the savings lol. Carbon fiber =$

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Well...Wal-Mart can handle the cost. Hell, I've paid for at least one of the new trucks myself over the years. lol, really tho they should stick to the basics.

I think it looks pretty B.A!

I don't think the trailer will see the light of day, to fragile, the truck though I could see making it

That's a crazy looking truck. I doubt these will hit the streets any time soon. Maybe now I can get a carbon fiber bed for my truck though.

there is already 10 speed autos out there

just a manual tranny with shift motors, but full electronics tied into the engine ECM

No torque converter, you are talking automated manual not the same, as manual you lose engine power on shifts etc etc
Just because a computer disengages the clutch doesn't make it an automatic.

No torque converter, you are talking automated manual not the same, as manual you lose engine power on shifts etc etc
Just because a computer disengages the clutch doesn't make it an automatic.

i agree. just the name that got hung on it.

only plus i've seen is ya can't cowboy it.

way longer clutch, tranny & drive train life.

i agree. just the name that got hung on it.

only plus i've seen is ya can't cowboy it.

way longer clutch, tranny & drive train life.

They are shit to drive though, our company is starting to switch over to autos now(12speeds). I personally wouldn't want to sit in the middle of the truck, I think you'd increase the blind spot on the left and not really gain much on the right. At least now I can see pretty much everything on the left side. Also it's got to have real mirrors, the cameras(unless you can articulate them) just have too limited a field of view. Maybe cameras you can control with a zoom would work? But then you're jacking with that while you're trying to back up.... One thing I wish they'd put on current tractor/trailers is some freaking backup lights.

They are shit to drive though, our company is starting to switch over to autos now(12speeds). I personally wouldn't want to sit in the middle of the truck, I think you'd increase the blind spot on the left and not really gain much on the right. At least now I can see pretty much everything on the left side. Also it's got to have real mirrors, the cameras(unless you can articulate them) just have too limited a field of view. Maybe cameras you can control with a zoom would work? But then you're jacking with that while you're trying to back up.... One thing I wish they'd put on current tractor/trailers is some freaking backup lights.

they are shit to manuver in tight places also

heard good things bout the auto in the Volvos

Last edited:
they are shit to manuver in tight places also

heard good things bout the auto in the Volvos

Haven't driven a Volvo, we have internationals and freight shakers here. The autos we have supposedly have a "creep" mode to help with the tight spaces thing. I have no doubt that eventually the autos will surpass the manuals but from what I've been exposed to they still have a bit of work to do, but my truck only has 217k on it so it'll be a little while before I get a new one and hope the autos make a little more progress before I get stuck with one

Haven't driven a Volvo, we have internationals and freight shakers here. The autos we have supposedly have a "creep" mode to help with the tight spaces thing. I have no doubt that eventually the autos will surpass the manuals but from what I've been exposed to they still have a bit of work to do, but my truck only has 217k on it so it'll be a little while before I get a new one and hope the autos make a little more progress before I get stuck with one

You obviously aren't talking about an Allison then, they drive just like a car full power shifts and everything. And yes I've driven all the competition.

You obviously aren't talking about an Allison then, they drive just like a car full power shifts and everything. And yes I've driven all the competition.

No, think they are Detroit transmissions. I wasn't aware Allison made anything for heavy trucks.

No, think they are Detroit transmissions. I wasn't aware Allison made anything for heavy trucks.

That's laughable, what you see in the 2500 Chevy is our smallest transmission. Near 100% of school buses, fire trucks, cement mixers, trash trucks, many of the military vehicles, ups and fed ex trucks, all the way up to well frac trucks and 100 ton dumps. The class 8 over the road tractor is the last market we need to penetrate and that is what the 10 speed is going for.

That's laughable, what you see in the 2500 Chevy is our smallest transmission. Near 100% of school buses, fire trucks, cement mixers, trash trucks, many of the military vehicles, ups and fed ex trucks, all the way up to well frac trucks and 100 ton dumps. The class 8 over the road tractor is the last market we need to penetrate and that is what the 10 speed is going for.

Well it's not very laughable that I've never seen one on a heavy truck as I drive class 8 over the road trucks jackass, I've known about the autos in buses and other MEDIUM duty applications but never in a heavy( 80k GVWR) truck. It's laughable that you claim it to be far superior and you don't even drive a truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back