truck souns like its not running right

yellow446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i just start my truck and its still cold my oil pressur goes up to about 3/4 on our stock guade , so thats about 450 KPA . So if i start driving it like that cold she feels down on power and sometime backfires , but soon sa she is up to running temp she sounds fine and at crusing is on a 1/2 and when i let a gas of its on a bit over a 1/4 . Now my only issuse is when is she cold if i go to drive it if feels like she is bit down on power and back fires sometims .

what you guys think , is it anything wrong with it . truck feels bit different then last summer .

have you changed the spark plugs lately? maybe a fouled plug/bad wire oil pressure sounds normal!

if it is backfiring, then, there is fuel and air in the exhaust that lights off. the only way to get fuel through into the exhaust is through the combustion chamber. so , logically , you have a spark problem!

Mine always runs at 3/4. It will occasionally drop between 2nd and 3rd but for the most part stays around 3/4.

im puting tune on it today , and another thing is last night just crusing around my mpg was way better then last year . it was in betwine 13.6 and 15 L per 100 km .

I couldn't get that kind of mpg driving like a granny with an egg under my foot at highway speeds.

Rad I still think it's the tune you went from Gibson shorty headers with cats to mopar long tubes without cats on the same tune. Try the tune first

When you decrease the backpressureas much as you did, alot of the a/f mixture gets pushed out into the exhaust. This could be the cause of the popping. I to say have the tuned looked at. Bet your running rich.

Torrie's tune can stop that popping. He's going to do mine when i'm done with it. He tuned my 10 already but with the headers and mids. I need to get him to tune it one more time.

Sounds to me like you put the intake manifold on backwards, Rad.

The throttle body has to point to the front of the truck, not the rear.

:D

Had the same thing pretty much happen this spring when I got it out for the first time. Just didn't sound right and had a wierd vibe. Got out the temp gun and found that one pipe was about 100 deg cooler then the rest. Pulled the plug and it looked fine but I cleaned it up any way and swapped it with the one next to it. Started up and ran fine then, but I haven't really driven it much since then.

When you say back fire do you mean when on the trottle? Cause mine farts and pops all the time when you let off from it.

Well its not backfire its more like a popcorn sound . but only when cold , ill be puting a new tune on and we will c wht that does .

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back