Truck will only turn over

londongregg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck started fine this morning. I pulled it out of the garage and into the street so I could wash our other cars in the driveway. I get into the truck to run to the store about an hour later...it will not start. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting?

I turned the key three times and got no codes. I put gas into the truck before pulling out of garage so there is gas.

Thanks

having my daughter turn on the ignition with my ear by the gas tank I can hear(for less than a second) a sound.

I checked fuse number 17 also and is not bad.

Is there a fuel pump recommended?

Autozone has 2 that fit...airtech(K-E7183M) and spectra premium(D7193M). Seems I read of a Carter maybe(?). Both need to be ordered.

Check for fuel pump prime, and ECU communication. Both are indicators of a functioning ECU.

Once that is confirmed, check for Spark. Simply disconnect a plug wire, push a plug ito it, and let it rest on a metallic part of the engine away from any wiring. If you crank the engine, you should see it arc.

If you have Spark, check fuel pressure. Easiest method is to put a pressure gauge on the rail gauge port. If you don't get a prime increase to 50+, you need to troubleshoot and replace your pump. I advise Mopar ONLY.

My bet is you problem will fall under one of those three.

-Dan

I will look into these tomorrow, when it is not as cold.

I really appreciate the answers
London

AIR, Fuel, Spark..... If it spins over you have air. Check for fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Use a rag and a small screw driver if you don't have a gauge. No pressure check/change the fuse. sometime the fuse cracks and ya can't see it . If you have pressure it is a spark issue. First place to start is the Crank sensor. Check that the wire harness hasn't come to rest on the exhaust pipe and is sound. next is the Cam sensor. Make sure the wiring is sound to it and change it if required.. Let us know how you do with this.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back