Truck won't start after delivery

Would love to have near field in out trucks too. I tried to get our vendors to do it a while ago but no one wanted to try.

Now the real question would be, can you make our trucks completely keyless push buttom start, where you won't even need to put the key in the ignition?

I think its possable, my 2014 Longhorn has no key, why couldn't you use the same ignition and do it the same way?

Please tell me there was a mechanical malfunction and that the bright red start button didn't elude you.

The way it kinda works on the newer cars (atleast on chrysler cars) is, there is a WCM (wireless control module) that picks up the signal from the "fobik" (key) and recognizes the code in it and then starts.... Or something along those lines. Don't really see much of a problem with the trucks that already have a chip key... But it will be cool if I can leave the key on my pocket and just push the "engine start"

My key whent to Shi* 20mins after purchasing the truck and left me stranded 3hrs away from home for a whole day.. till the next day the dealer ship had to come pick me and the truck up to find out that the chip in the key went bad.. funny part is that i had an extra key with me the whole time that actually worked!! not exactly on topic but similar ha... it would start but only rev once and die.. it was the anti theft kicking in with the bad key.... not seeing the Red Button is not as bas as my little incident lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back