Truck won't start update

WILDMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all you that read about my truck not starting. I followed many members suggestions and finally found the problem. The fuel pump is bad. 8645 miles and it quit without warning. Had to order it so I should have it in Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Wade

Wow that's wild.. man.. I hope the FP was covered under warranty with so few miles on her..

WILDMAN said:
No waranty for this one. I'm paying for it.

Wade

Oh... Exceeded the time limit huh..? That sucks. At least you do know what the issue is and it can be repaired. I still have to come off a chunk to let Chrysler figure out why my electric door locks don't function. I already know it's because of the cheap azz alarm the stealership installed through a hole-in-the-wall third party establishment (that is no longer in business) before I took delivery of her more than three years ago. Now that simpleton device literally fried something in the dash that resulted in automatic door locks :( no workey.. :dontknow: Just my bad luck.

You and I were right 30 minutes after the initial problem!

Sorry, post up what the stealership wants for resolving the problem.

My Volvo fuel pump died and it cost $800 to get a new one and have it put in!

WILDMAN

Pump $240.00 from Dodge and $100.00 labor to change at local shop that I trust.

Wade

Venom Power said:
Oh... Exceeded the time limit huh..? That sucks. At least you do know what the issue is and it can be repaired. I still have to come off a chunk to let Chrysler figure out why my electric door locks don't function. I already know it's because of the cheap azz alarm the stealership installed through a hole-in-the-wall third party establishment (that is no longer in business) before I took delivery of her more than three years ago. Now that simpleton device literally fried something in the dash that resulted in automatic door locks :( no workey.. :dontknow: Just my bad luck.

Take this for what it's worth,but I had a Viper alarm system installed by a Quality person back in Naples,and I had a similar thing happen to me !!The doors would lock,but not unlock !! The way it was explained to me is that it takes a certain voltage (not sure if that's the right term,as he related it to a capacitor)to do one operation,and more or less to do the other !!!He fixed it in a heartbeat with capacitors,so everything has been fine since !!:dontknow:

Wade you owe me a Corona! We will meet one of these days and I will demand payment.

Glad it was a simple replacement issue!

Roy

WILDMAN

Prof said:
Wade you owe me a Corona! We will meet one of these days and I will demand payment.

Glad it was a simple replacement issue!

Roy
A Corona sounds great. I will gladly pay you the first time we meet.

Wade

Come to my house on your way home...you will never pay for a beer in my presence for what you are doing now...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back