Truck won't start.

sprite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting any power to the fuel pump. I checked the fuse box and there is no power at the fuel pump fuse. It has happened before but fixed itself. I am guessing there is possibly a bad connection in the fuse box? Anyone else experienced anything similar?

check all the grounds, back of the head drivers sside, thermostate housing, and the cable connection at the junction , start with those

Go to your parts stores and get a Crankshaft Position Sensor for bout $7.00
and enjoy again!

So if the position sensor is bad it won't send any power to the fuel pump? The power is cut off already at the fuse box? I'm thinking you are probably right, because the times I've gotten it started it has never cut off when running which it would do if there was a lose connection in the fuse box itself. The problem is no power to fuel pump when I turn key on.

But you have power to everything else?

Everything else has power. Measuring voltage on the fuse connection for the fuel pump with a multimeter shows no voltage at that fuse. Last time it happened I suddenly got power to the fuel pump again and the truck started right up.

I asked because I had a starting problem....if I started the truck cold and turned it off after less than 2 minutes it wouldnt restart....would turn over but acted like it wasnt getting fuel or spark......I reflashed the tune with the SCT and it would fire right up....never could get an answer why or anyone else that had the same problem...:dontknow:

the truck has set for a long time, the aem itself is known to work when it wants to, it could be a number of things, when its intermittent start with the simple stuff, work you way up from there, you need to eliminate the minor things firts, from there you proceed, dont jump into buying parts right off, it can get costly

you need to take it somewhere let them look at it, have them diagnose the problem , only problem is with what you have not many are going to be willing, try doug levin to start, heffner probably wont touch it, levin is th eonly person in your area that probably will,

I'm selling the truck anyways, but had it on ebay and no biters so would like to get it fixed up first. I'm having it towed on Monday to a local shop if I can't get it started before that. Even if something was cutting power to the fuel pump should I not get a voltage reading at the fuse? [I think it's fuse #17 if I remember right].

I'm selling the truck anyways, but had it on ebay and no biters so would like to get it fixed up first. I'm having it towed on Monday to a local shop if I can't get it started before that. Even if something was cutting power to the fuel pump should I not get a voltage reading at the fuse? [I think it's fuse #17 if I remember right].

Depends where the break in the circuit is. If the break is after the fuse then you would have power at the fuse, if before then you wont.

Does the AEM control the fuel pump? If so trace the wire back to the AEM and test for power at the connector. Then you will know if it is in the wiring or the AEM.

I doubt this will help you but my truck was doing the same thing . And it was one of the 02 censor extensions hitting my header and melted . And i moved it off the header and it started right up .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back