trying to remove the rear brake rotor 06 QC

hashash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took off the caliper , but cant seem to move . any tips on how to remove this f******r :mad: :mad:

There should be a couple of lil washer type screens that are pinned onto the rotors with the bolts. You need to pry those off with needle nose pliers.

Then hammer the rotor loose. May take a few wacks.

SHU

Make sure the emergency/parking brake is not engaged or in use.

I know it sounds stupid, but it happens and the rotor will not come off.

You can also start the motor with both rear wheels in the air, start the motor, let it idle, put it in second gear then gently part way apply the parking brake.
Repeat this over and over until the rotor comes off.
This will sometimes walk the brake drum or rotor off.
Do this slowly and gently, the truck rear end should be on jack stands with both the front wheels blocked.

Good luck

thanks guys for the quick replies , i read here somewhere that there is a dust cap that you have to release a retainer behind it ??

jack , can you be more elaborate ? should i run it in gear and then apply parking brake - then repeat it several times ?

hashash said:
thanks guys for the quick replies , i read here somewhere that there is a dust cap that you have to release a retainer behind it ??

jack , can you be more elaborate ? should i run it in gear and then apply parking brake - then repeat it several times ?

Yes run it in gear with the wheel off, and make sure the clips that are on the studs are removed.
Then put it in gear so that it is turning, then gently apply the parking brake, not so hard as to stop the rotor turning, repeat applying and letting the parking brake go until the rotor just walks it self off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back