Tundra TRD???

trussman

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone has raced one of the Tundra TDR sports. They claim over 500 hp and mid 500s on tq. Seems like decent bait for a 10 to me :D
If you have ran one and have vid you could post or link that would be better of course. Thought sparked by an edmunds vid i came across. They said it was half a sec faster in the 1/4 that the 10 they tested(I'm guessing poor driver maybe). Kinda hoping to stir one up locally to meet at the track now that I know what I'm lookin for.

They are fast! Supercharged 5.7 liter I believe. They are nasty! Haven't raced one but thinking it would have a weight advantage over us? Could be wrong though?

Guy at work has one, I'll see if he wants to line up and see what happens. Will try and get vid proof. He said his is quick but doesn't think it'll hang with an SRT 10.

Nice race though, be nice to see. I have smoked a couple of ricer trucks with mufflers who get ****y. I haven't come across these new truck though.

That's me in the red truck. Raced the guy 7 times, lost two due to mis-shift. Hot lapping a stock clutch and shutter locked me outta third. The video was recorded by south east Toyota so they edited out my second burnout and a couple of the races I just embarrassed them too bad on.

The truck was corporate sponsored, had everything that Trd offers and then some. It's own tractor trailer with pit crew. I was impressed, but I still won.

Nice races Jeff! You could put 2 turbos and a supercharger on the Tundra and I would still pick the 10 to drive hands down. :D

That's me in the red truck. Raced the guy 7 times, lost two due to mis-shift. Hot lapping a stock clutch and shutter locked me outta third. The video was recorded by south east Toyota so they edited out my second burnout and a couple of the races I just embarrassed them too bad on.

The truck was corporate sponsored, had everything that Trd offers and then some. It's own tractor trailer with pit crew. I was impressed, but I still won.

Haha, Toyota propaganda at it's best!

It was entertaining to watch. I spend way too much time at work trying to find good 10 races and see so much shi*t talking in the comments. Once I saw people mentioning the TRD Tundra I had to find it. Needless to say, while it's a quick truck that comes with a factory warrantied supercharger, I'd still take a 10! Now only if my QC was as quick...

Judging by those timeslips, its a 13.0 1/4 mile truck, which is impressive if it is a bone stock, from-the-factory vehicle. Ford, Dodge and Chevy are not offering one of those right now, so kudos to Toyota for stepping up.

It is probably just a pulley swap and a tune from being a mid-12s truck while maintaining factory warranty.

I'll still take my SRT and L over that, but most likely b/c I own them outright, I prefer the styling, and don't want to mess with a payment.

I had a Supercharged Tundra before my 10. It was a nice truck. I bought it new and had the TRD supercharger and lowering kit installed by the dealer. It was really nice having a "modified" truck that was still covered 100% by a warranty. It was fast, I had taken it to the track once and ran a 13.3 with very dried out tires. There were a couple of things I wasn't in love with about the truck, though.
1. Only can be had with an automatic (I love rowing the gears)
2. It was too quiet - admittedly this could have been helped with changing the exhaust
3. When you looked at it you couldn't really tell it was anything special (nice sleeper but didn't make me turn around and look at it when I parked it).
4. Open Differential that only had electronic nannies to pretend it was an LSD.... which would partly cut power. I am guessing this could have been corrected with getting a locker, but that would have killed the warranty.
5. Resale/Trade-in sucked badly. Dealers didn't really want to touch the truck (even Toyota) because of the limited buyers and that it was "modded". If you think there's a limited audience for the 10, the modified Tundra's audience was much smaller.

So I ended up finally selling it and about a year later got my 10. Though my 10 (with me driving) is a little slower, it is so much more fun to drive, listen to and look at.

That's my $.02 on the Tundra... Don't get me wrong, it was a nice truck, just not one that I was "in love" with like my 10.

s/c tundra <-- far lane

Truck ran low 13's all night hot lapping. He said he also went 12.9 in cooler air. That's moving for a 4 door with a warranty. There's no new trucks out there with that option out there now.

I own currently own both...

...see my signiture.

The Tundra is fast, really. Mine is a $75,000 factory job with every factory 'go fast' you can put on it. The obvious advantage with this set-up is the full factory warranty on all dealer installed 'go fast' parts included. Also the 4 wheel drive gets you off the line faster. I use the Tundra to drive back and forth to the ranch on weekends. Gravel roads are to abusive for my SRT 10.

All this being said, I use my CE (almost completely stock) as a daily driver in town to get back and forth from work. Driven correctly it will take the Tundra every/any day in dry weather. Wet or slippery weather is the opposite. Unfortunately, as much as many of you may not want to hear this, they are closer in performance than many will want to believe. One small mistake on a stick shift and the Tundra will pull away.

It doesn't hurt my feelings to say that they are close to performance... my goodness it is a 5yr newer vehicle, and if the power is there... it doesn't matter if you get it with cubic inches or "cubic money" (blower/turbo).

But my goodness, if yours cost $75k, then there shouldn't be anyone out there saying the SRT10 was overpriced.

It doesn't hurt my feelings to say that they are close to performance... my goodness it is a 5yr newer vehicle, and if the power is there... it doesn't matter if you get it with cubic inches or "cubic money" (blower/turbo).

But my goodness, if yours cost $75k, then there shouldn't be anyone out there saying the SRT10 was overpriced.

i got a svt hahahah

In the first video I thought the Tundra was an extended cab at first glance. Damn that thing is the size of a boat, looks like I could drive it right into the marina and float away in that thing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back