Tundra...why

CarDude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, let me first say I don't street race cuz it is dangerous...

Well this Tundra (work truck..has a wheel barrel in the back, sliding around) starts messing with, and almost runs me over at a stop light. So I decided to let him see the truck from a distance. He is right behind me as the light turns green...I walk all over him. I don't even know how many car (or truck) lengths. The light turns red in front of me, so I stop. He comes flying up, slams on his brakes beside me, and starts to talk to me... He asks me,"Do you know about my truck; pretty good for 381 horsepower...don't ya think?" Then he asks me, "Is that the V10?" "How much horsepower."

The guy was a real tard...he was so proud of his truck even after I put a whippin on him...I guess that is how you should be, or you would die of jealiousy. :elefant:

TNVIPER said:
You should have told him your truck was just a SRT10 clone with a 3.7L six cyl....;)

SOO FUNNY!!! IMAGINE THE LOOK ON HIS FACE IF YOU HAD SAID THAT...

the big 8 those trucks have is actually very fast, i test drove their 4 door cab and i was shocked at how much power those trucks have, if you look at the full size truck market, for the base trucks they by far have the most power

CarDude said:
The guy was a real tard...he was so proud of his truck even after I put a whippin on him...I guess that is how you should be, or you would die of jealiousy. :elefant:

Ignorance is bliss!!:burnout:

He has no idea what he's missing!!

patrick

CarDude said:
Well, let me first say I don't street race cuz it is dangerous...

Well this Tundra (work truck..has a wheel barrel in the back, sliding around) starts messing with, and almost runs me over at a stop light. So I decided to let him see the truck from a distance. He is right behind me as the light turns green...I walk all over him. I don't even know how many car (or truck) lengths. The light turns red in front of me, so I stop. He comes flying up, slams on his brakes beside me, and starts to talk to me... He asks me,"Do you know about my truck; pretty good for 381 horsepower...don't ya think?" Then he asks me, "Is that the V10?" "How much horsepower."

Sometimes You have to Let them know bro:rock:

guinnessboy said:
the big 8 those trucks have is actually very fast, i test drove their 4 door cab and i was shocked at how much power those trucks have, if you look at the full size truck market, for the base trucks they by far have the most power

When you say very fast what does that mean??? They Can't come close to a Quad with a Stage 2 and cats delete can't they or can they:dontknow:

i meant fast for a stock base truck....much faster than the non lightning ford or non ss chevy....they are listed as having a 1/4 of 15.00 which is damn fast for a stock work truck.......not in the same standing as ours but then again it doesnt claim to be a performance truck

I kinda like those new Toyota trucks... I don't think I'd trade my qc 4 one... they're still nice... You can pick up a V8 Crew Max Limited with the 5.7 381hp 12 speaker blah blah 4x4 for under 40K....

Next thing ya know they're going to have a diesel version... then it'll be on like donkey kong....

I've got a 77 toyota Land cruiser... the thing's a tank.... besides... you could make a pretty nice trophy truck outa one of those tundras :p ...

you seen the prices on a fixed up land cruiser? those things hold their value very well.

eddie102870 said:
you seen the prices on a fixed up land cruiser? those things hold their value very well.

yes I've seen people asking mid 20's or higher for totally done trail trucks.. mine has a 6' lift... 35's... shackle reversal... a full floater rear end with ARB's... and it's got front and rear bull bars.. other than that it looks like a piece of junk... it's got a rattle can primer paint job on it :> and still has the straight 6.... which runs... but not to well... I figure if I ever wanted to dump it, it's worth 5k... only reason I haven't is because the full floater and suspension cost more than that LOL

tidnab said:
yes I've seen people asking mid 20's or higher for totally done trail trucks.. mine has a 6' lift... 35's... shackle reversal... a full floater rear end with ARB's... and it's got front and rear bull bars.. other than that it looks like a piece of junk... it's got a rattle can primer paint job on it :> and still has the straight 6.... which runs... but not to well... I figure if I ever wanted to dump it, it's worth 5k... only reason I haven't is because the full floater and suspension cost more than that LOL
look in auto trader, the ones ive seen are 8 to 12 that need work. dont give it away.

TNVIPER said:
My brother bought one....great truck except for one major flaw...it's a Toyota....:bebored:

Aw, man.... I like Toyota. :eek: I've had several Tacomas and they were unbreakable. :rock: You can't beat them for reliability, IMO. :dontknow: I mean, I TRIED to break mine. :confused: :D :p

l_446e7fe718fb1ac8929403dbdad607a4.jpg

Black1 said:
Aw, man.... I like Toyota. :eek: I've had several Tacomas and they were unbreakable. :rock: You can't beat them for reliability, IMO. :dontknow: I mean, I TRIED to break mine. :confused: :D :p
/quote]

Yeah...I said it was a great truck...I just cant get over my younger impressions.....back in the 60s & 70s the opinion was people that owned jap cars couldnt afford to buy Anerican...and most of the jap cars back then were rust buckets...times have changed but not me....:smokin:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back